Player Watch Flynn Appleby (Delisted 2020)

May 12, 2014
FNQ
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Sydney Sixers
Defensively as solid as a rock, had that one goal kicked on him at the end of the first but that was the only blemish on his game I can remember. Really looked good, if that's what he brings each week and can back that form up then he will play a lot of games this year.

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
I said it in another thread, but I'll say it again, Flynn > Langdon

Saying it, no matter how many times, doesn't make it so.

At one stage I saw Apples standing Riewoldt, and thought bloody hell, that's a baptism for the kid. I hope he keeps his spot, but not at at the expense of Langdon. Maybe Maynard, who was hobbling through the last quarter? Bruzzy might be rested for Brisbane.

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Oct 7, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys Chicago Bulls
giphy.gif

Spatfers

All Australian
Mar 16, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
BMFC
Although I thought it was fairly obvious, just to be crystal, I disagree.
Thanks, I don't like indirect inference. Going off clangers alone he's already out-performed Langdon and he's clearly quicker, so I don't know how Langdon is better. Although he did make a good step-ladder for Stringer on ANZAC Day.

mike123

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Pokemon is Life
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
Thanks, I don't like indirect inference. Going off clangers alone he's already out-performed Langdon and he's clearly quicker, so I don't know how Langdon is better. Although he did make a good step-ladder for Stringer on ANZAC Day.
Careful, you can't say Langdon isn't quick out here.

Bad Horse

Petfood
Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019 Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Steph Chiocci 2017
Mar 26, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hmmmmmmmm apples...

At one stage I saw Apples standing Riewoldt, and thought bloody hell, that's a baptism for the kid. I hope he keeps his spot, but not at at the expense of Langdon. Maybe Maynard, who was hobbling through the last quarter? Bruzzy might be rested for Brisbane.
That might be the best option. Maynard could probably really benefit from a bit of a break, especially now with the ankle issue.

jackcass

Cancelled
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood

Not even close but hardly surprising given the disparate roles, 1 a lock down defender, the other an intercept player. The only measure Appleby has that surpassed Tommy is 1%ers (pressure acts), and we know how supporters love that. If this kid can have as good a debut season as Langdon I'd be thrilled.

Happy for you to post their respective time trial and sprint records in support of this assertion that Appleby is just so much quicker than Langdon.

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy...&pid1=6542&pid2=3975&fid1=S&fid2=P&fopt2=2014

I didnt realize he came back on.

Back