Player Watch Flynn Appleby (Delisted 2020)

Nov 16, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Not sure he gets a go anytime soon.

Have Crisp, Quaynor, Maynard, Noble as rebounding and run with defenders.

And have Aish and Greenwood as general defenders... which is probably the role Appleby would most likely come in and play.

And unlike those other mentioned defenders Appleby doesn't have the versatility to play other parts of the ground. Offering less flexibility to the coaches come game day.

Can't see him seniors playing in 2019. Don't think he is on the list long term.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Flynn is probably just depth at this point, but worth retaining. He’ll probably get opportunities again next year.
All for the retain.
He’s excellent depth.
Would be small salary.

Ideal as depth piece.

esc0bar

Club Legend
Aug 5, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
I’ve like what i’ve Seen with him. Isn’t particularly the prototype player in terms of stature but seems to be athletic enough to compete at afl level. If we’ve kept Crocker on the list for three years then I’d be inclined to give him another 2.

wicksy

Cancelled
Feb 23, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Clippers, Daniel Ricciardo Racing
I’ve like what i’ve Seen with him. Isn’t particularly the prototype player in terms of stature but seems to be athletic enough to compete at afl level. If we’ve kept Crocker on the list for three years then I’d be inclined to give him another 2.

Correct me if i'm wrong but Crocker is also contracted next year too?

rand corp

Premiership Player
Oct 5, 2004
asia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
After a promising start his season has been derailed by injury and he is now trying to get it going again; very hard to push into the back 6 at the moment unless you are a KPP.

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Not sure he gets a go anytime soon.

Have Crisp, Quaynor, Maynard, Noble as rebounding and run with defenders.

And have Aish and Greenwood as general defenders... which is probably the role Appleby would most likely come in and play.

And unlike those other mentioned defenders Appleby doesn't have the versatility to play other parts of the ground. Offering less flexibility to the coaches come game day.

Can't see him seniors playing in 2019. Don't think he is on the list long term.

Was on the cusp of senior selection before the injury, and that was at a time when we had all our defenders bar Duny and Schaz available, so I wouldn't write him off for 2019 just yet.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Was on the cusp of senior selection before the injury, and that was at a time when we had all our defenders bar Duny and Schaz available, so I wouldn't write him off for 2019 just yet.
Was also an emergency for last year’s finals including the GF.

Just an interesting emergency so likely he’s valued around the traps.

swoop42

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2014
The 18
AFL Club
Collingwood
It's hard not to imagine Appleby is still somewhat underdone after a long injury lay off but I don't see any pressure on him at all in terms of list retention.

Only 20, played 9 games last year in his debut season, has neat foot skills, decent speed to play on the smalls, enough height to compete against medium talls and has a natural hard edge to his game.

Plenty to work with.

kallangur pie

Team Captain
Sep 17, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Flynn played very good last season before the hamstring against Carlton and I think he would have cemented a spot long term but for injury.He has a real dip at it and no one gets an easy game on him,he is a goer and his disposal in his later games was sound,much better than his earlier ones.

I am very pleased he is back in the side he would of been back earlier but for injury and I think the coaches like him for his tenacity,I remember Roughhead said he thought flynn was a good player and I think he is too. Good luck to him he deserves another go.

Last edited:

pablo disco bar

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 16, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Flynn played very good last season before the hamstring against Carlton and I think he would have cemented a spot long term but for injury.He has a real dip at it and no one gets an easy game on him,he is a goer and his disposal in his later games was sound,much better than his earlier ones.

I am very pleased he is back in the side he would of been back earlier but for injury and I think the coaches like him for his tenacity,I remember Roughhead said he thought flynn was a good player and I think he is too. Good luck to him he deserves another go.
It was against Essendon

The forgotten man is back

Delist this fu**head, useless.

To be fair though fu** the match committee for bringing him in and playing him on a tall

Selection Table showing they are Clueless

Sea fog

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 24, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
What a mega costly player he is. At the moment I loathe you Flynn Appleby, we wrestled back some control and you get beaten without raising a finger in a one one one.l

Back