Game Day FOF(3) Rd 10/11 Mount Gambier Demons vs Norwood Kangaroos Adelaide Oval @ 18:10 AEST(17:40ACST)- Any Given Sunday

Nov 20, 2008
#freeMelbourne #SackDan
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
The Super Saiyans, Tasmania Devils
1596889979030.png

1596890132794.png

1596890608044.png

1596890635314.png

Al Pacino – Any Given Sunday Speech: Inch By Inch
I don’t know what to say, really. Three minutes to the biggest battle of our professional lives. All comes down to today.

Either, we heal as a team, or we are going to crumble. Inch by inch, play by play. Till we’re finished. We are in hell right now, gentlemen. Believe me. And, we can stay here and get the s**t kicked out of us, or we can fight our way back into the light.

We can climb outta hell… one inch at a time.

Now I can’t do it for you, I’m too old. I look around, I see these young faces and I think, I mean, I’ve made every wrong choice a middle-aged man can make. I, uh, I’ve pissed away all my money, believe it or not. I chased off anyone who’s ever loved me. And lately, I can’t even stand the face I see in the mirror.

You know, when you get old, in life, things get taken from you. I mean, that’s… that’s… that’s a part of life. But, you only learn that when you start losing stuff. You find out life’s this game of inches, so is football.

Because in either game, life or football, the margin for error is so small. I mean, one half a step too late or too early and you don’t quite make it. One half second too slow, too fast and you don’t quite catch it. The inches we need are everywhere around us. They’re in every break of the game, every minute, every second.

On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone else around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that’s gonna make the f%#&@! difference between WINNING and LOSING, between LIVING and DYING!

I’ll tell you this, in any fight it’s the guy whose willing to die whose gonna win that inch. And I know, if I’m gonna have any life anymore it’s because I’m still willing to fight and die for that inch, because that’s what living is, the six inches in front of your face. Now I can’t make you do it. You’ve got to look at the guy next to you, look into his eyes. Now I think you going to see a guy who will go that inch with you. Your gonna see a guy who will sacrifice himself for this team, because he knows when it comes down to it your gonna do the same for him. That’s a team, gentlemen, and either, we heal, now, as a team, or we will die as individuals. That’s football guys, that’s all it is.

Now, what are you gonna do?

Jamurp

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2011
AFL Club
Melbourne
Our record against North over the last decade is still abysmal, so not all that confident about tonight, but hoping we can win the midfield battle without Gawn and control the play from there.

Dees by 3.

Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
How bad have the game times been, 6:10 on a Sunday, 8:10 on a weeknight, only adds to the woe.
Think positive my friend!

The only time Melbourne ever had decent time slots was last year... and we didn't look like wining a single one of those games :$.

I think it is nice AFL hide Melbourne from casual viewers by using egregious time slots. This means less shame and humiliation when things go wrong.

Jamurp

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2011
AFL Club
Melbourne
Think positive my friend!

The only time Melbourne ever had decent time slots was last year... and we didn't look like wining a single one of those games :$.

I think it is nice AFL hide Melbourne from casual viewers by using egregious time slots. This means less shame and humiliation when things go wrong.
That is very true! Although it does explain why I seem to get a sudden rush of anxiety around 3:20pm every Sunday, I wonder why.

The bloke who lives across the road from me turned on his flood lights and started mowing his lawn at 11:30pm last night.

I broke restrictions and went across the road without a mask and yelled at him in my boxers.

Interesting things you didnt know about me.

Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
Alright campaigners,

Guess which tubby prick just broke their own personal best for how many doughnuts they can shovel into their mouth-hole?
This guy did.

4 jam, 4 custard, and 3 nutella "doughies" to round it off. That's eleven doughnuts (if you don't mind).
Still have four left, thank you very much, if I get "second wind" before 7pm I might even drive the hundred metres to the end of the street and see if there's any left for desert.

Now if this fat bastard can still kick goals despite being locked down in Metropolitan Melbourne (aka "ground zero") there's no reason why these overpaid pricks hanging out in the Barossa Valley with home delivered groceries and luxury hotels can't do the same.

Dees by 20. Pumped for today.

And on a more serious note:
It is no small honour to captain the oldest and greatest club in the Australian Football League. Congratulations Jake Melksham!

Back