Game Day FOF2(EB) Rd 16 Maroochydore Demons vs Fraser Island Dockers CS @ 19:10-Shipwrecked on the River Styx

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 20, 2008
#freeMelbourne #SackDan
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
The Super Saiyans, Tasmania
1599391543582.png

1599391703346.png

1599391852687.png

1599391888028.png

Apr 13, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Freo, much like Sydney are a well drilled side. Their structures will test us, throw in the weather conditions, supposedly windy and I think they’ll get the chocolates. If we win, it’ll likely be because Gawn/Oliver/Petracca/May or someone else of that calibre steps up.

stEdy

Premiership Player
Nov 2, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
In the 2nd quarter last week one of the first times we set our zone up going against the breeze Sydney kicked straight over the zone with the wind - we hadn't even factored it in to our zone. That's how dumb we are 90% of the time.

Freo by 15. Hogan to finally kick a goal from outside 50 using the breeze.

Brock 'n' Roll

Team Captain
Jul 19, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Pistons, Storm, NY Mets
Never thought we were going to beat Sydney, think we can turn it around tonight but really we all know we will lose to Essendon in the last round when we need to win so whats the point.

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
In the 2nd quarter last week one of the first times we set our zone up going against the breeze Sydney kicked straight over the zone with the wind - we hadn't even factored it in to our zone. That's how dumb we are 90% of the time.

Freo by 15. Hogan to finally kick a goal from outside 50 using the breeze.
A side that does this incredibly well is Geelong. Kicking over the zone to a one out Tom Hawkins. I just can’t understand modern footy tactics; why create these zones when a good side will simply go straight over into a hole into the traditional FF space? It’s something we need to start doing given Weidemann is becoming really good as a one on one forward. Keep him back in the square and let these ‘intercepting’ and ‘zoning’ defenders push up the ground like a herd of sheep.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nov 20, 2008
#freeMelbourne #SackDan
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
The Super Saiyans, Tasmania
Going to be a good game. Melbourne looking to rebound.
Freo young guns have lost a handful of close games this year.
Good luck.

Still think you were robbed against the Blues. Either that or Newnes had a rabbits foot in one pocket and a four-leaf-clover in the other.

Apr 13, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Are Fremantle well drilled?
The matches I have seen of theirs they have been well organised behind the ball and at stoppages. They have taken most games deep this year because they are difficult to score against. Longmuir has undertaken quite a bit of experimentation with the midfield predominantly made up of players in year 1 to 3 of their careers; Brayshaw, Cerra, Serong, Schultz, Young etc. Fyfe and Mundy have pretty limited time in the middle, spending more time forward, Hill and Conca play off half back. The fact they have done this and managed to not get ripped to shreds suggests that they are a team that sets up well.

Of course, the caveat is that they struggle to score.

Oct 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Carolina Panthers
My tips is Fremantle by two points. We'll smash the inside 50s in the last five minutes to no avail.

Such a negative supporter. No wonder the boys struggle in important game. It's takes a lot of determination and grit to pump the ball into our F50 relentlessly for doughnuts. Continuously being rejected but yet still coming back for more. A heart as big as Phar Lap this club.

netslave

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 6, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
I like the idea of those changes but not sure if they are the players that can lead us to a win.
Hoping Maxy or Preuss don't kick 1.4 or something.

Sonny Bonds

Cancelled
Jul 21, 2019
Lytton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Melbourne prime time footy slot on a weekday as follows:

2018: Get home from work at 5pm, clean up, walk the dogs and have some dinner before waiting for the foooooty tonight. Go Dees :devil:

2020: Slobber out of bed at 10:30am, crack a beer, check my next dole payment and loathe in my self pity waiting for the foty tonight. * everyone :thumbsdown:

Oct 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Carolina Panthers
Melbourne prime time footy slot on a weekday as follows:

2018: Get home from work at 5pm, clean up, walk the dogs and have some dinner before waiting for the foooooty tonight. Go Dees :devil:

2020: Slobber out of bed at 10:30am, crack a beer, check my next dole payment and loathe in my self pity waiting for the foty tonight. fu** everyone :thumbsdown:

Well la de dah, look at you, sleeping in a "bed"

I like the idea of those changes but not sure if they are the players that can lead us to a win.
Hoping Maxy or Preuss don't kick 1.4 or something.
I'd take Preuss kicking 1.4, he'll be lucky to get that many touches playing forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back