FOI documents from WADA on TB4, thymomodulin etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Can someone summarise for me?
Communications with WADA about Thymosin, Thymosin Beta 4, TB-500, TB500, TB4 or Thymomodulin
Following the release of this information under the Freedom of Information Act 1982 (the FOI Act) the Department has, in accordance with its obligations under the FOI Act, released this information publicly:

Reference Number:
001/2015
Date Released to Applicant:
Thursday, January 29, 2015
Date of Publication:
Friday, February 5, 2016
Summary:
Provide a record of any correspondence between ASADA staff and the World Anti-Doping Authority containing the keywords: "Thymosin", "Thymosin Beta 4", "TB-500", "TB500", "TB4" or "Thymomodulin" between June 2011 and September 2013. Provide audit logs showing the date upon which Thymosin Beta 4 was published as a banned substance on the check your substances website. Provide a log of all receipts (provided online or by telephone) given to athletes in response to requests containing the keywords "Thymosin", "Thymosin Beta 4", "TB-500", "TB500", "TB4" or "Thymomodulin" between June 2011 and September 2013.

Attachments:
application-pdf.png
Josh O'dea - TB4 correspondence - released documents.pdf
Detail:
Emails and search log

The appended data seems interesting:

upload_2016-2-16_15-25-58.png

Just guessing, but is this perhaps a listing of all the searches done through the WADA/ASADA website for the status of drugs?

If so, there are a couple of interesting observations from this particular page:
1. Note the flurry of searches from Australian Football Athletes and support staff for TB4 form 5 Feb 2013. We all know the significance of that date, but I don't think TB4 or any other specific drugs were talked about in the media for a few days, or even weeks, after that date.
2. Also note that prior to 4 Feb 2013 searches for thymosin and thymosin beta 4 appear to been returning nothing unless linked to Tamosin or Tamoxen 20.
3. Nobody associated with AFL were really asking about Thymo-anything except for a 'support person on 6/12/12.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cant wait for the muppets to start saying
"See, Dank did ask about Thymomodulin but yet they left it out of the evidence, how corrupt" however I'm sure most of this would of been included, and no party has suggested any evidence was tainted
this reminds me of when my wife starts haranguing me for something that I haven't even done. It's a bit of a running joke with us frankly. C'mon dear, I say, now you're telling me off for something I've done in your imagination. It's a bit like yelling at someone for doing something shitty in your dream at night

this reminds me of when my wife starts haranguing me for something that I haven't even done. It's a bit of a running joke with us frankly. C'mon dear, I say, now you're telling me off for something I've done in your imagination. It's a bit like yelling at someone for doing something shitty in your dream at night

Clearly you haven't been on twitter today then

You been talking to my missus then?

I wake up in the morning and ask her what I did wrong this time :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back