Religion Folau

Opine

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
It's the intended target audience, since the book is bats**t insane, incoherent and contradictory, it will also draw a crowd with a fair share of bats**t insane, incoherent and contradictory people

Kinda like people who listen to Bieber music, you know those aren't intellectual giants
Unlike the vast majority of posts in this, and other threads concerned with similar subject matter, your posts seem to be concerned with inciting contempt and or ridicule toward others on the ground of their religious belief. As if its cool to do so. This post for instance, seems to imply that those who engage in a religious belief do so because they are more likely to be batshit crazy, insane, incorrent, contradictory members of the community who lack intellect. Do you want to clarify, or correct such an inference?

Unlike the vast majority of posts in this, and other threads concerned with similar subject matter, your posts seem to be concerned with inciting contempt and or ridicule toward others on the ground of their religious belief. As if its cool to do so. This post for instance, seems to imply that those who engage in a religious belief do so because they are more likely to be bats**t crazy, insane, incorrent, contradictory members of the community who lack intellect. Do you want to clarify, or correct such an inference?
Does Falou actual worship at a church or does he just go to his folks place to listen to his dad hang s*** on people he doesn't like?

chelseacarlton

BLUE it's the Magic Number
10k Posts Sensible Type Chess Club Member Pantskyle
Apr 13, 2008
So Frang
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
The Anti-Theists
Dark as in cant see the wood for the trees.
Why didn’t you just say that riddler?
I’d hate to see what you’d be like when asked what you wanted for dinner?

Opine

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Does Falou actual worship at a church or does he just go to his folks place to listen to his dad hang s*** on people he doesn't like?
If I'm not mistaken, the Cool ones post was broad, so as to apply to an entire class of persons on the ground of a religious belief.
No I don't agree with what Folau tweeted. No I don't agree with his views on homsexuals. No I don't agree with his view on the Catholic church.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
I'm all for contempt and casting ridicule on the belief in an omnipresent, omniscience, judgmental creator, the whole saga has reeked of a bullshit story from the start.

Opine

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
I'm all for contempt and casting ridicule on the belief in an omnipresent, omniscience, judgmental creator, the whole saga has reeked of a bulls**t story from the start.
Are you also all for inciting contempt and ridicule towards those who choose to engage in such beliefs?

Dec 12, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bombers/Liverpool FC
Unlike the vast majority of posts in this, and other threads concerned with similar subject matter, your posts seem to be concerned with inciting contempt and or ridicule toward others on the ground of their religious belief. As if its cool to do so. This post for instance, seems to imply that those who engage in a religious belief do so because they are more likely to be bats**t crazy, insane, incorrent, contradictory members of the community who lack intellect. Do you want to clarify, or correct such an inference?

Wow you sound salty and triggered, relax a bit and don't be so upset.

I do not incite contempt or ridicule, I have no need to. The tales of talking donkeys, talking bushes on fire, splitting a sea, resurrecting a bloke after three days, virgin birth, a bloke going inside a wale and coming back out. Those stories are ridiculous in and of itself, the source material is ridiculous in and of itself.

As I said before, just like people who listen to music by Bieber has a target audience (of pre-teen girls and teenagers in general), the ridiculously violent and demonstrably false stories of the bible would have a target audience.

To put yourself in such a state of mind to believe in those ridiculous stories as true, it is entirely reasonable and rational to imply that the target audience has similar traits to the targeted material. It isn't an "inference" to say that the kind of people who would believe and follow these kind of stories would exhibit similar characteristics of these stories, it is the most logical thing to do. If you think this is inciting then you are way too delicate and melodramatic

If you don't like it, tough, maybe you should learn to just accept other people's opinions for once, since you want everyone to put up with other people's religious beliefs, maybe you should realise it's a two way street

Dec 12, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bombers/Liverpool FC
I'm assuming the training process is about as taxing as the one that allowed Hunter Thompson to call himself a Minister for the Church of the New Truth.

From what I've heard, it's just about paying a lot of money to enroll in those "courses" that make you qualify, in the end it isn't training, being a pastor in those churches is just a title you buy with cash

From what I've heard, it's just about paying a lot of money to enroll in those "courses" that make you qualify, in the end it isn't training, being a pastor in those churches is just a title you buy with cash
That's why they want $10 mil, their cash cow is absolutely damaged goods, no code anywhere in the world will touch now, and without Folau they're nothing.

Opine

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Wow you sound salty and triggered, relax a bit and don't be so upset.

I do not incite contempt or ridicule, I have no need to. The tales of talking donkeys, talking bushes on fire, splitting a sea, resurrecting a bloke after three days, virgin birth, a bloke going inside a wale and coming back out. Those stories are ridiculous in and of itself, the source material is ridiculous in and of itself.

As I said before, just like people who listen to music by Bieber has a target audience (of pre-teen girls and teenagers in general), the ridiculously violent and demonstrably false stories of the bible would have a target audience.

To put yourself in such a state of mind to believe in those ridiculous stories as true, it is entirely reasonable and rational to imply that the target audience has similar traits to the targeted material. It isn't an "inference" to say that the kind of people who would believe and follow these kind of stories would exhibit similar characteristics of these stories, it is the most logical thing to do. If you think this is inciting then you are way too delicate and melodramatic

If you don't like it, tough, maybe you should learn to just accept other people's opinions for once, since you want everyone to put up with other people's religious beliefs, maybe you should realise it's a two way street
It has nothing to do with expressing opinion. It doesn't matter what I like or don't like. It doesn't even matter what your motive was/is. The only thing that matters is whether your comment or group of comments could reasonably be inferred as inciting ridicule. keep that in mind next time your being a cool dude.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Are you also all for inciting contempt and ridicule towards those who choose to engage in such beliefs?
Yes!

I have been through this before so I'll give the abridged version- All for it in online discussions such as this one, this is what a thread like this and alike are started for ie. to discuss and critically/logically put forward points of view. I would never and do not engage in such activity overtly in online forums not set aside for said discussion or in the flesh and blood world. If you come to an online discussion like this one you should expect to get challenged.

Dec 12, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bombers/Liverpool FC
It has nothing to do with expressing opinion. It doesn't matter what I like or don't like. It doesn't even matter what your motive was/is. The only thing that matters is whether your comment or group of comments could reasonably be inferred as inciting ridicule. keep that in mind next time your being a cool dude.

What a pointless post that is

Thinking I am "inciting ridicule" is entirely your opinion. Btw, your opinion is wrong

If I say Justin Bieber's music sucks, it doesn't mean I'm inciting ridicule and hatred on Beliebers, I just think Bieber music sucks. It's called an opinion

Seems like my opinion hit a nerve of yours and you're crying about it because it hurt your delicate little soul, that's all I'm seeing here. I am very sorry if a few words managed to hurt you so deep

An exercise in selling authenticity to con-men.

Opine

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
What a pointless post that is

Thinking I am "inciting ridicule" is entirely your opinion. Btw, your opinion is wrong

If I say Justin Bieber's music sucks, it doesn't mean I'm inciting ridicule and hatred on Beliebers, I just think Bieber music sucks. It's called an opinion

Seems like my opinion hit a nerve of yours and you're crying about it because it hurt your delicate little soul, that's all I'm seeing here. I am very sorry if a few words managed to hurt you so deep
As pointless as my post may have appeared to the likes of a utterly cool Einstein such as yourself , if your Victorian, go and familiarize yourself with Sections 8 to 12 of the Racial and Religious Tolerance Act.

Stay cool.

Dec 12, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bombers/Liverpool FC
As pointless as my post may have appeared to the likes of a utterly cool Einstein such as yourself , if your Victorian, go and familiarize yourself with Sections 8 to 12 of the Racial and Religious Tolerance Act.

Stay cool.

I'm not sure you should go tell other people to read things when this is now like the third time you've spelt you're as "your". You should familiarize yourself with a 2nd grade English grammar text book

Btw I'm very familiar with the anti-discrimination laws in this country

Opine

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
I'm not sure you should go tell other people to read things when this is now like the third time you've spelt you're as "your"

Btw I'm very familiar with the anti-discrimination laws in this country
Actually it's the fifth time.

Back