Religion Folau

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
And in the mean time you find church groups demanding that they be able to do exactly what Issy is demanding $10 mil from the ARU for doing.
Ever since that pinhead Morrison was re-elected these f***heads really have a spring in their step

You can blame Morrison & Christians all you like, but you need to grow the * up and acknowledge the shortcomings of the alternative as the ultimate reason behind these people having the power.

Your denial is why they are in power.

Cabasa

Club Legend
Aug 20, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
You can blame Morrison & Christians all you like, but you need to grow the fu** up and acknowledge the shortcomings of the alternative as the ultimate reason behind these people having the power.

Your denial is why they are in power.
Certainly a divisive situation.

Sainteric

Cancelled
Aug 5, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
And in the mean time you find church groups demanding that they be able to do exactly what Issy is demanding $10 mil from the ARU for doing.
Ever since that pinhead Morrison was re-elected these f***heads really have a spring in their step
Gough the LGBTI advocate is pushing their own barrow. Religious schools and organisations can discriminate now and are protected. Most don't in my experience but certainly some do.

Mar 15, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray, Melbourne City
Does the Australian Prime Minister follow the same religion as Folau?
There are only about 30-odd members of the church that Israel Folau follows that his father is the leader of. And everyone who isn't part of that church is going to hell, even if they naively donated their money to his go-fund-me campaign.

There are only about 30-odd members of the church that Israel Folau follows that his father is the leader of. And everyone who isn't part of that church is going to hell, even if they naively donated their money to his go-fund-me campaign.
It's a pretend church, it's no different to listening to my old man have a pop at the government when he's pissed after Sunday lunch.

Lebbo73

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 20, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Missus cc is a kiwi, I have to watch the All Blacks every time they play, unless it somehow crosses over with a Blues game.
The Bledisloe is the Holy Grail, the World Cup might be Everest, but the Bledisloe is the one that really means something, it’s their Ashes.
I know a bit about Rugby now because I’ve watched a bit because of her.
I went to a game last year Australia v Ireland, it was a great spectacle and I found myself barracking fairly hard and being more emotionally involved than I could imagine.
Folau played that night and whenever he went near it or had it, the Aussie crowd went nuts, I was with them.

We were so much better without him in the team, that team last weekend with Pocock in it is a real threat.
RA should just walk into court and say Issy was sacked cause he’s s**t, we’re better without him.
All my kiwi mates agreed, his absence was a blesssing to the Wallabies.
10 mil is a joke, if we win this weekend though, they should offer to pay him the entirety of it in gold coins, as long as they can ram each one up his clacker.
You were a weight on the teams shoulders Israel, they are free now, now kindly fu** off!👍
It just shows the challenges faced on BigFooty by levelheaded people when you read posts like this. The Wobblelies were never going to win at Eden Park. They only won in Perth because the All Blacks had a player sent off for a light offence.

He is one dumb f***.
“He believed it was a loving gesture to share passages from the Bible with others,” the statement of claim states.
What lost him his job wasn't even a passage from the bible. He doesn't even know his own holy scriptures ffs, some christian he is.

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
interesting article this:
Folau case exposes RA’s disregard of diversity of belief

Rugby Australia has invoked the jurisprudence of offence in its response to Folau’s claim when it says: “The tone and attributes of both posts were disrespectful to those in the LGBTIQ+ community.”

But the organisation’s own frank assessment means any victory on this basis is certain to increase demands to strengthen religious freedom.

Rugby Australia has filed a document in the Federal Circuit Court making it clear it believes the common law does not prevent employers from requiring employees to sign away their freedom to manifest their religion.

If Rugby Australia wins, employers will be free to manifest their own beliefs by restricting the conflicting beliefs of employees.

On matters of religion, those who want to work would be forced to accept that the boss is like the Pope — infallible.

note: I cherrypicked paras I thought relevant to the substance of the article. Bit puzzling to me.

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
So 232 pages in no one gets it, STILL!

I've posted this many times and it seems to be ignored.

RA and probably the majority of employers have a contradiction in their HR policies.

You can't possibly be in "protection" of one group and in "protection" of an opposing idealogue i:e religion which in its endth degree is opposed to drunks, fornicators, thieves, homosexuals etc.

This is what I find disturbing, the force majeure trying to "include" everyone when that is simply not possible.

This is idiocy of the highest order!

When is the world going (the noisy minority) going to accept that not everyone shares the same views? When is the world going to grow up and accept that opposing views are opposing views and that it doesn't mean we should go to court over it?

jaaack

All Australian
Jun 17, 2007
Hawthorn
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn
When is the world going (the noisy minority) going to accept that not everyone shares the same views? When is the world going to grow up and accept that opposing views are opposing views and that it doesn't mean we should go to court over it?

It literally never ends. Doesn't matter how many rights and protections they are given, there will always be a number that can't bear to live with the thought that someone, somewhere, might disapprove of the things that they do. It's strange when you think about how adamant they are that there actually isn't anything wrong with their habits.

Evolved1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 14, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
So 232 pages in no one gets it, STILL!

I've posted this many times and it seems to be ignored.

RA and probably the majority of employers have a contradiction in their HR policies.

You can't possibly be in "protection" of one group and in "protection" of an opposing idealogue i:e religion which in its endth degree is opposed to drunks, fornicators, thieves, homosexuals etc.

This is what I find disturbing, the force majeure trying to "include" everyone when that is simply not possible.

This is idiocy of the highest order!

The only issue here is the inability of fundamentalist Abrahamic god botherers to assimilate themselves into a modern world with modern values.

We've moved on from accepting the views of white supremacist groups as valid, so why should an ignorant moron like Folau not feel the wrath of the general populous?

The irony here is twofold. You feel Folau deserves protection while you criticise those who seek protection, and let's not forget that he took the case to court...so I don't see how your point on that topic is valid.

Personally, I think religious freedoms need to be reigned in further so we can find the right balance for the good of all. If you're using your religious freedom to attack others because of their race, sexual preference or gender, and you're dumb enough to put a name behind your words, you should be willing to face the backlash.

When your employment is tied to the marketability of yourself, your team, and sponsors, it's your responsibility to maintain the image you share with the world. Don't shite where you eat.

Having an imaginary friend shouldn't be an all encompassing get out of jail card.

Back