Autopsy Fold The Club: Rd 1 vs Lions Review

Remove this Banner Ad

We're done.

Nah.

Not too stressed. A lot of factors into this loss. Shorter preseason than Brisbane. Crazy conditions that they would train in all the time, hence their ball handling was far superior. A lot of inexperienced players, especially up front, who predictably drifted out of the game when Brisbane's midfield got on top. I melted during the game, but in hindsight, it's okay.

I tipped Brisbane, because it wasn't hard to see this result coming with all of the above taken into account.

Having said that, a lot of players have put their spots in jeopardy now.

Edit: Mods, merge please :)

Insipid display, I can cop a loss but what we saw tonight was 22 blokes with an absolute disregard for their fans and the game of football.

Insipid after the first quarter. Forwards get some grace for the lack of experience but the mids and defence were shocking.

Some excuses for a flat start to the year, but when you're 28 up at QT you just have to win.

Massive kudos to the Lions who didn't go into their shell and attacked like mad despite the scoreline, then shut the game down. Fagan is doing excellent things over there.

14 goals to 2 after the first quarter. That's a Demons level capitulation. Hopefully a good kick up the bum, because geez a few people need it.
*and Ryan gets himself reported in the last 15 seconds. Keep it professional boys.

Not sure what I watched tonight. Nothing about the eagles display of effort reminds me of a grand finalist team. Constantly 2nd to the ball, poor foot skills and got absolutely demolished around stoppages. Bring on the 2019 rebuild because that was rubbish.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No real positives except for maybe Sheed, but at least we have hopefully blown the cobwebs out and some kids got a game.

Also individually and literally fold several players via large hydraulic folder.

Quick look at Tom Hickey on the flight home.

aae4e25ff9d29a60420aab23dd710ac3.gif

Ryan can spend a few weeks in the WAFL and earn his spot back.

Unfit and spewing his guts in the 3rd quarter and putting himself ahead of his team with that cheap shot.
Disagree whole heartedly.

The only player who looked like making something happen, lead the game for sprint efforts and lead the team in tackles.

Had every right to drop that stupid Lions player, about someone acted like they cared.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back