Media Fold the Geelong Gumbies

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm hear to literally plead for your support.

I'm of course referring to your support in a matter of dire need for attention; the Geelong Gumbies.

After new captain Noobz0r lasted just one season at the club before jumping ship (and who can blame him?), the list of any club has never been in worse shape.

As captain Golumless posted their squad for the upcoming season - someone who doesn't seem although he asked to be in this position - I realised that in my time here in the Sweet FA, I have never seen a list in worse shape since I joined in S17.

TRIGGER WARNING

Screen Shot 2018-01-09 at 10.38.43 pm.png

How many active posters can you count, 3?

I am of the belief that the Gumbies in their current incarnation are bringing the game into disrepute, just imagine a match thread with 1-2 posters a day? (A club got charged for doing just that last season, did you know?) It would be a travesty to lose one of the league's greatest clubs (one that I was once a part of) to such an embarrassing fate, but it's a course of action I would deem necessary.

If new admin Cloud_ wants to establish himself as a force to be reckoned with and show critics he's made of the right stuff - he should fold the Gumbies.

Or perhaps, as the new admin, he should signal his intent not 'to leave any club behind' and head for the derelict shores of Corio Bay rather than the bright lights of Gold City? It's just a suggestion, that's all.

It's not the job of this reporter to criticise others, but to ask questions.

I ask questions.

And with the Gumbies needing a figure ala HaroLad S21 arriving at the Baghdad Bandits to start a dynasty, the big question beckons.

Who will step up, if anyone?

Who will be the next HaroLad?

I was in the fold camp before last season and it looks like things have just gotten worse.

I would at least like to see Cloud_ put them on notice. If that doesn't spur them into action, adios.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're in a no different position to every other club that is criticized for apparent inactivity. If it was S17 this would be a list considered in quite healthy shape, even if you are ignorant to some of our posters.

tl;dr *shrugs*

We're in a no different position to every other club that is criticized for apparent inactivity. If it was S17 this would be a list considered in quite healthy shape, even if you are ignorant to some of our posters.

tl;dr *shrugs*

One of your LG members was a one hit wonder

tl;dr *shrugs*
If it were S17 I’d get you banned so I could win the Wonders best rookie once and for all.

One of your LG members was a one hit wonder

Sometimes they are, such is life.

If it were S17 I’d get you banned so I could win the Wonders best rookie once and for all.

Would be near impossible to, I think i've copped about 1 point in the few years I've been here.

tl;dr *shrugs*
I hope that you and SM long with the rest of your leadership group are working vigorously hard in recruiting from both within and outside the SFA.

I'd find it a rather concerning sign if your INs remain empty as it is now by the start of the new season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back