Folklore: stories you're not sure about

Remove this Banner Ad

Brett Heady getting it in a prominent female WA sports journo in the middle of a crowded hip-e-club dancefloor in the mid 90s

I have no idead about the valudity but I've heard a story about Ablett senior ordering a pizza and beating up the delivery boy when he came bevause he'd done the dirty with his girlfriend. Multiple times over the years but sometimes urban myths are like that

It was his ex-wife, pretty sure he was charged over it.

One that never saw the light of day that I heard from a journo concerned a (now former) Richmond coach being caught soliciting an undercover policewoman the night before a big game against St.Kilda at Waverley (drew 70K). Join the dots...

bd89c8d2eb5ef153f62f2a030df20d2b.jpg
He has 3 of them? Farken hell

Tony modra supposedly whipped it it out and pissed on a piano leg back in the day in a night club.

This one is true. It was at Heaven/Newmarket in the bar area that connected the two venues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's a couple of versions I've heard - One where Dorotich was found performing some "individual brilliance" in the back seat of his car after training, and one where he was sitting in/looking on in admiration while teammate Wayne Johnston "dominated" a female acquaintance.

I thought it was that he got caught 'taming the beast' in his car near a school.

It's rugby league not Afl but Laurie Daley allegedly had a Tommy Tank in the sheds after the 89 grand final while Bob Hawke was lurking nearby

Bob was probably sitting on a stool behind a one way mirror watching, have a John Bull himself.

There's a couple of versions I've heard - One where Dorotich was found performing some "individual brilliance" in the back seat of his car after training, and one where he was sitting in/looking on in admiration while teammate Wayne Johnston "dominated" a female acquaintance.

I was always lead to believe that it was the latter. Dominator in the back seat with a certain married weather girl while Doro rubbed one out in the front. A bus load of tourists pulled up next to them and blew the whistle.

One that never saw the light of day that I heard from a journo concerned a (now former) Richmond coach being caught soliciting an undercover policewoman the night before a big game against St.Kilda at Waverley (drew 70K). Join the dots...

I have re-written your post below for brevity.

A journo told me a Richmond coach solicited an undercover policewoman the night before playing St Kilda at Waverley (drew 70K). Join the dots...

I honestly do not know why I did that. Your post was perfectly appropriate. I was just looking for clues in your words to discover whom you meant, and I realised that the post could be shorter.

i will now do this for every post on BF, just to be fair. :)

It's rugby league not Afl but Laurie Daley allegedly had a Tommy Tank in the sheds after the 89 grand final while Bob Hawke was lurking nearby

The story goes that Hawkey saw him, and said "you ever do anything like that again and you'll never play for Australia again".

I have re-written your post below for brevity.

A journo told me a Richmond coach solicited an undercover policewoman the night before playing St Kilda at Waverley (drew 70K). Join the dots...

I honestly do not know why I did that. Your post was perfectly appropriate. I was just looking for clues in your words to discover whom you meant, and I realised that the post could be shorter.

i will now do this for every post on BF, just to be fair. :)

"Caretaker".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back