Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
10. Have It All - One By One - 2002

Massively underrated song it just sounds great with the riffs and arrangement that give the song a lot of energy. The end of the song is also really cool and love when a band just jams out. Can't understand why this song isn't talked about at all.

This track really stood out to me when I got One By One, along with Halo

eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
9. Bridge Burning - Wasting Light - 2011

Amazing riff that had me hooked from the start. Bridge Burning is just a belter all the way through and I always have to play this loud. The standout part of this song for me hits at the 3:17 mark where everything comes together so well. Awesome start to the album and really let you know the album was going to hit hard which it did.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
Too high for Bridge Burning. It's a near perfect rock song

eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
8. Let It Die - Echoes, Silence, Patience And Grace - 2008

One of the most progressive songs Foo Fighters have made. The song start slow with acoustic guitars and Dave and instruments start to slowly join in then Bam 1.55 mark the guitars take your attention for a bit then back to a little part of the chorus and niece again Bam the song has you again with everyone now rocking out and Dave finishes the song in style. Was mystified how this and Bridge Burning never got any radio play.

Last edited:
Bit too much love for Bridge Burning; it's not even my favourite song off that album (it's Walk).
Can't agree with that one. If there was ever a generic rock song, walk is it. Made to appease radio audience. I love Bridge Burning. If anything, I don't think there's enough love for it. Same with I Should Have Known, another belter.

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
Can't agree with that one. If there was ever a generic rock song, walk is it. Made to appease radio audience. I love Bridge Burning. If anything, I don't think there's enough love for it. Same with I Should Have Known, another belter.

YES

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
8. Let It Die - Echoes, Silence, Patience And Grace - 2008

One of the most progressive songs Foo Fighters have made. The song start slow with acoustic guitars and Dave and instruments start to slowly join in then Bam 1.55 mark the guitars take your attention for a bit then back to a little part of the chorus and niece again Bam the song has you again with everyone now rocking out and Dave finishes the song in style. Was mystified how this and Bridge Burning never got any radio play.

Now we are talking. I'd forgotten about this track. Epic choice

eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
7. The Pretender - Echoes, Silence, Paitience And Grace - 2008

If Foo Fighters know anything it's how to start a song and this one does it so well. Again the instruments start to come in and hit hard as the temp gets quicker and the urgency in Grohl's voice does a great job of starting the hype. Chorus kicks all kinds of ass and this is the song that solidifyied Foo Fighters as the biggest rock band in the world.

Last edited:

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
7. The Pretender - Echoes, Silence, Paitience And Grace - 2008

If Foo Fighters know anything it's how to start a song and this one does it so well. Again the instruments start to come in and hit hard as the temp gets quicker and the urgency in Grohl's voice does a great job of starting the hype. Chorus kicks all kinds of ass and this is the song that solidifyied Foo Fighters as the biggest rock band in the world.

Feels like a semi-rehash of All My Life, but both tracks still kick ass on their own

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Really? Walk seems particularly personal, I love the lyrics. Was it even released as a single?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back