Foo Fighters 20-1

Remove this Banner Ad

Alright, now the countdown is finished I will add my top 20. :)

1. All My Life
2. Bridge Burning
3. Alone + Easy Target
4. Stacked Actors
5. Enough Space
6. In Your Honor
7. Arlandria
8. I Should Have Known
9. New Way Home
10. Hey, Johnny Park!
11. This Is A Call
12. Wattershed
13. Low
14. Breakout
15. Come Back
16. Razor
17. The Pretender
18. Best of You
19. Skin & Bones
20. DOA

Special mention to White Limo. I wanted to fit it in there somewhere, but I couldn't omit any of the others. I also suspect that Run will end up in my top 10 eventually. Love that song already.

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
Just listened to Run on a decent sound system and it is a ******* good tune

Bring on the album

Nov 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LIVFC
not gonna comment on any of the songs post-One By One because I haven't ever really listened to them but 'Learn To Fly' is the epitome of 'snooze rock' and really signals the end of them - yeah it was only their third album back then but boy it had nothing - turns out they had plenty to lose (HAHA AREN'T I HILARIOUS?)

how you would put that in the top 20 I never know

Not gonna do a top 20 myself because they'd only come from the first 4 albums but it would basically be the entire Colour and the Shape (minus February Stars) album plus some others

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
not gonna comment on any of the songs post-One By One because I haven't ever really listened to them but 'Learn To Fly' is the epitome of 'snooze rock' and really signals the end of them - yeah it was only their third album back then but boy it had nothing - turns out they had plenty to lose (HAHA AREN'T I HILARIOUS?)

how you would put that in the top 20 I never know

Not gonna do a top 20 myself because they'd only come from the first 4 albums but it would basically be the entire Colour and the Shape (minus February Stars) album plus some others
February Stars on Skins and Bones is pretty damn good.

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
not gonna comment on any of the songs post-One By One because I haven't ever really listened to them but 'Learn To Fly' is the epitome of 'snooze rock' and really signals the end of them

jennifer-lawrence-yikes-GIF.gif

mr bagcroft

Norm Smith Medallist
May 19, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Love the new single '" Run".
Unfortunately the mix is a steaming pile of s**t.
And that was on a $20K plus system in a treated room, so it aint my end.
Song good, mix an appalling use of mega compression.

Love the new single '" Run".
Unfortunately the mix is a steaming pile of s**t.
And that was on a $20K plus system in a treated room, so it aint my end.
Song good, mix an appalling use of mega compression.
Just play it through your phone or tablet. Then you won't notice :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 30, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oz Bball, Equest, Net, Tenn, Voll
5. My Hero - The Colour And The Shape - 1997

Another thing foo fighters does well is make uplifting songs and this one is one of the best. The chorus is iconic and the main riff is catchy as hell. Speaking of the chorus its perfect to sing along to and the way Grohl pounds it out it really gives this song that extra edge. Just a well made song from the music to the lyrics and how its all done I just really love. The song is also very decently done acoustic on "Skin And Bones"

One of their best, I dedicated it to Sel a while ago. ;)

Foos have been my fav gig to be at for many years. Always loved the out there clips but the music speaks for itself.

In no particular order -

My Hero
Monkeywrench
Big Me
Everlong
Best Of You
Times Like These
Learn To Fly
Resolve
In Your Honor
DOA
Walk
The Pretender
Something From Nothing
Congregation
Run (Just added)

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
One of their best, I dedicated it to Sel a while ago. ;)

Foos have been my fav gig to be at for many years. Always loved the out there clips but the music speaks for itself.

In no particular order -

My Hero
Monkeywrench
Big Me
Everlong
Best Of You
Times Like These
Learn To Fly
Resolve
In Your Honor
DOA
Walk
The Pretender
Something From Nothing
Congregation
Run (Just added)

Soooo any Foos song that weren't fed to you on the radio?

Jesus Christ every single one of these songs is off the radio

That's 2 yellows for sure

Are you serious?

Jun 30, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oz Bball, Equest, Net, Tenn, Voll
Soooo any Foos song that weren't fed to you on the radio?

Jesus Christ every single one of these songs is off the radio

That's 2 yellows for sure

Are you serious?
So, you dislike all of the songs I listed..? :eek:

Everyone to their own, be pretty boring if we all liked the same things.

Apr 10, 2005
Perth WA
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
East Freo
Great No.1 totally agree awesome song.

Few others that I particularly enjoy:

Burn Away
Halo
What Did I Do/God As My Witness
My Poor Brain
Stacked Actors

browncow

Club Legend
Feb 21, 2011
Grazing
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Aston Villa, Indiana Pacers
hahaha ok

really they've been s**t for a decade

I wouldn't call them 's**t' for a decade, but maybe more like safe or unoriginal.
Nirvana was/still is my favorite band of all time. I was 14 when Nevermind came out and since my first listen I was hooked and obsessed.

When Kurt died and Dave released the first Foos album in 95 it instantly became one of my favorite albums of all time. To me it sounded different to your typical grunge band and had such sweet hooks and melodies while being heavy at the same time.
I was lucky enough to see them in Perth in January of 96 when they played Summersault alongside Sonic Youth, Beastie Boys, Pavement etc and the energy was amazing.

The Colour and the Shape was also an instant classic in my eyes. Loved the spectrum of sounds and songs. When There is Nothing Left to Lose came out in 99 I was all over that too at first. Although over time it would become less and less of a an album I would go back to and I don't think it is anywhere near the level of the first two albums.

I think by the time One By One came out in 2002 my love for the Foos had waned. I tried pretty damn hard to get into that album, but the Foos suddenly just sounded boring and safe to me to the point that I didn't even bother with In Your Honor etc etc.

I really like Wasting Light and thought it was a return to form, but those albums between Nothing Left to Lose and Wasting Light in my opinion are just a few singles surrounded by a lot of filler and pretty bland.

I went along and saw them a couple of years ago on their last Australian tour and while they put on a good show, it felt just like that, a show.
Don't get me wrong, they are all amazing musicians but I find it hard to disagree with people who say they are now just dad rock.
I guess that is pretty understandable given Dave's age and good on him/them for keep on keeping on.

Basically I think they have had two really great albums in the original Foo Fighters album and the Color and the Shape, and then a very good record in Wasting Light, but for me there is about 14 years in between those albums where I just found them boring and bland aside from a song here or there.

Nov 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LIVFC
I wouldn't call them 's**t' for a decade, but maybe more like safe or unoriginal.
Nirvana was/still is my favorite band of all time. I was 14 when Nevermind came out and since my first listen I was hooked and obsessed.

When Kurt died and Dave released the first Foos album in 95 it instantly became one of my favorite albums of all time. To me it sounded different to your typical grunge band and had such sweet hooks and melodies while being heavy at the same time.
I was lucky enough to see them in Perth in January of 96 when they played Summersault alongside Sonic Youth, Beastie Boys, Pavement etc and the energy was amazing.

The Colour and the Shape was also an instant classic in my eyes. Loved the spectrum of sounds and songs. When There is Nothing Left to Lose came out in 99 I was all over that too at first. Although over time it would become less and less of a an album I would go back to and I don't think it is anywhere near the level of the first two albums.

I think by the time One By One came out in 2002 my love for the Foos had waned. I tried pretty damn hard to get into that album, but the Foos suddenly just sounded boring and safe to me to the point that I didn't even bother with In Your Honor etc etc.

I really like Wasting Light and thought it was a return to form, but those albums between Nothing Left to Lose and Wasting Light in my opinion are just a few singles surrounded by a lot of filler and pretty bland.

I went along and saw them a couple of years ago on their last Australian tour and while they put on a good show, it felt just like that, a show.
Don't get me wrong, they are all amazing musicians but I find it hard to disagree with people who say they are now just dad rock.
I guess that is pretty understandable given Dave's age and good on him/them for keep on keeping on.

Basically I think they have had two really great albums in the original Foo Fighters album and the Color and the Shape, and then a very good record in Wasting Light, but for me there is about 14 years in between those albums where I just found them boring and bland aside from a song here or there.

That is very similar to me - i tried to get into One By One as well, but i guess after that i stopped trying and havent given any albums after a decent go

Since then Nothing Left To Lose has become boring but their first two albums are still on my ipod and I'm down with em when they come on shuffle

Remove this Banner Ad

Back