Foo Fighters 20-1

Remove this Banner Ad

No love for Weenie Beenie is concerning. It’s top 5 for me.

First album was amazing

Color and the Shape is up there with OK Computer and Nevermind for me. Almost perfection.

From there, each album had 2 or 3 great songs then filler I couldn’t get into.

Normally give them a miss. Was lucky enough to see them at Thebby for the color tour, when they were still the band with Nirvana’s drummer. One of the best gigs I’ve ever been too.

More excited to see Weezer if I’m honest but I’m sure FF will put on a show and I’ll love it.

No love for Weenie Beenie is concerning. It’s top 5 for me.

First album was amazing

Color and the Shape is up there with OK Computer and Nevermind for me. Almost perfection.

From there, each album had 2 or 3 great songs then filler I couldn’t get into.

Normally give them a miss. Was lucky enough to see them at Thebby for the color tour, when they were still the band with Nirvana’s drummer. One of the best gigs I’ve ever been too.

More excited to see Weezer if I’m honest but I’m sure FF will put on a show and I’ll love it.

Weenie Beanie is a good song, and X-Static

Don't you think 'Nothing Left To Lose' was pretty good??

kind of reminded me of Big Star and The Beatles at times. Still some great songwriting going on as well.

I agree that their album quality dropped away after that, think they were just happy to release what they had after that point, great or not.

Not sure how many have heard this, but it's a b-side from Colour and the Shape..

It's better than majority of the stuff that's come from the last two albums (bar a couple of songs). Breakout is usually pretty good live.
Not sure that’s saying much.

Amuses me that this thread is 20-1 & probably more about bagging Foos. Then you have Radiohead 50-1..? ;)

I've seen them live 3 times, Big Day Out on the GC first and more recently twice @ Suncorp Stadium.

The live show outperforms almost any you want to pit against it and doesn't need gimmicks. Actually really looking forward to the 25th Jan, when the guys are back here in Bris.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Amuses me that this thread is 20-1 & probably more about bagging Foos. Then you have Radiohead 50-1..? ;)

I've seen them live 3 times, Big Day Out on the GC first and more recently twice @ Suncorp Stadium.

The live show outperforms almost any you want to pit against it and doesn't need gimmicks. Actually really looking forward to the 25th Jan, when the guys are back here in Bris.

Peaked in the 1995-2002 era in my opinion, but still pretty good post 2002, they became too derivative with studio albums after that, but wasting light was awesome. You have to remember that Dave set the standard on those first three records and seemed more creative and exciting in his songwriting endeavours, his potential was to go even further than that knowing where he came from and the stuff he has done with Queens and Probot, so there is reason for that criticism and its that post 2002 Foo albums do nothing to set themselves apart from all the other derivative rock music out there and to be honest Grohl knows better than to do that, unless that;s what he wanted to achieve...

Live they are still exciting, but again, it's same 'Ol Foo's, often self parodying.

funny. Saw them last night and they reminded me of Green Day. Every song had to have a long winded drum solo, guitar solo, some sort of banter.

They have some great songs. Just play em.

Break Out isn’t the sort of song that needs a moment half way through calling for audience participation.

Even more frustrating “and here’s one for the old school fans ...” and plays something off Echoes, Silence ...

funny. Saw them last night and they reminded me of Green Day. Every song had to have a long winded drum solo, guitar solo, some sort of banter.

They have some great songs. Just play em.

Break Out isn’t the sort of song that needs a moment half way through calling for audience participation.

Even more frustrating “and here’s one for the old school fans ...” and plays something off Echoes, Silence ...

I agree with all of the above... Let It Die isn't a song for the old school fans, while it may be a great song, playing something for the old school fans should've been something from the first three or four.

And I wish they would cut the crap a little too. Sometimes it's easy to forget what song they're actually playing. If they cut out all of that, I reckon they could fit in another 5 or 6 songs.

On the positive, I was pretty happy they played White Limo. Wasn't expecting that, and the radio-crowd hated it. It was glorious :D

On the positive, I was pretty happy they played White Limo. Wasn't expecting that, and the radio-crowd hated it. It was glorious :D

Imagine if they played Weenie Beenie? 90% would be looking at their phones within 15 seconds.

I always imagined Dave/Foos would go into either avant garde dream rock or Dinosaur Jr-esque maybe punk rock, especially back on the 2000 tour, it seemed like he was going to get really creative with the band and guitars in general. He was messing around with distortion and pedals back then and that coolness factor was there...

They just sort of fell into derivative predictable rock instead.

Wasting Light, very good. But they didn't progress how i imagined they would at all.

Again, it depends on what angle you come from with this band, if you like big arena rock with predictable chords and songs then you won't care, but i just prefer 2000 era Foo Fighters. I know Taylor loves prog rock, but if you are going to do big band then you need great songs or something to make it distinguishable from everything else.

Last edited:
Did they play all of concrete and gold ?
I haven't been able to get into that album.
They played Run, Sky is a Neighborhood, Arrows (apparently only the second time they've played it), and some other song that I can't remember the name of (with the women doing backing vocals).

They played Run, Sky is a Neighborhood, Arrows (apparently only the second time they've played it), and some other song that I can't remember the name of (with the women doing backing vocals).
That would be Dirty Water I'm thinking?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back