Foo Fighters 20-1

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting hearing all the queues etc.

There would have had to have been 60,000+ in there, what did people think was gonna happen if they rocked up at 7.15?

Used to go to every Foos gig whenever they would tour. But last time they just seemed to be grafting and just going through the motions for the $$. Didn't go this tour, but wish I had seen Weezer.

Seemed pretty into it this gig, maybe coz it was that last of their Oz tour or something? Dunno.

I always have the same problem with Etihad sitting in the stand, I bought the most expensive seats (in Aisle 35 Lev 1) and was so far from the band they were just tiny little figures running around. There's also a disconnect being that far away because there's the seating area then a huge gap on field up to the start of the on ground punters, you almost feel like you're in another venue. I understand that I'm never gunna be up close unless I go in GA, but don't charge me top dollar to still be so far from the action.

Having said that, I still loved it (apart from the too frequent extended outro's etc). It was so much better that AMMI where the sound was appalling in the stands coming back in a wave over you again from the curved roof (didn't seem to be an issue with McCartney). Apart from their own material, my favourite cover was the punishing power of Let there be Rock.

Yeah when I looked at the seating chart I couldn't believe the most expensive seats were where they were. Yeah you're directly in front of the stage but geez, 200 meters away.

It's completely irrational how much it annoys me but every 2nd loser has their ruddy phone in the air

no one was even singing along to In Bloom in the verses when by all rights you should hear them when it drops to just bass

It’s the same at workplaces in the service industries, which is retail, selling products and restaurants. People walk around videotaping everything. It’s incredibly rude, but we live in an era where morals and ethics and class has been thrown out the window with the current generation. Mirrored by modern day commercial low brow music and just the lack of class in many different categories of music, media, film, fashion.

That’s part of the nostalgia reasoning I have for the early mid 2000s, we didn’t have those problems back then. Simpler times. Sometimes for the better.

Class and just experiencing something for its simplicity is being replaced by, I need to document that I experienced something and I need my followers to know instantly, this is even more extreme when they do it for sinister reasoning, such as memes and instant attention. Weird times.

Only one person needs to film the gig with a phone to upload on YouTube, there is no need for everyone to do it. You lose about 50% enjoyment by doing it, it just seems like a waste of time and it annoys the people standing behind trying to watch the show.

People go on about 1984, the answer is no, it’s not 1984 when the general public are doing it all themselves, it’s reverse 1984. All big business and big organisations have to do is data analysis, that’s it, most of the work is done by consumers and the general public already.

Sorry, rant post, ranting.

Last edited:
I find a lot of their post one-by-one material very inconsistent. Always imagined he’d go down the probot or D Jr. path instead of hollow stadium rock.

Wasting Light was a fantastic album though. Nice and heavy for a rock band but still great songs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I stopped liking FF new material a few years ago now but I can still appreciate what they represent in the current climate of music. Yes I'm one of those older (37) farts who struggles to get into what passes for current music. To me they are a link to a very definitive era of rock music, post grunge I guess you'd call it. But what Dave Grohl represents is just a guy who loves pure rock music.

My all time favourite music clip on YouTube is the footage of him onstage at Wembley when they bring out Page and John Paul Jones to play Ramble On and Rock And Roll. Watching him get behind the kit and the look on his face is just a shot of someone who absolutely loves what he does and appreciates music on the most fundamental level - "how lucky am I getting to drum with two of my heroes."

I don't think the song is terrible as such, but it's an album track, certainly not a lead single. The kind of interesting diversion you find late on the track listing.
It's a putrid lead single. I turn it off everytime it comes on. Tbf I haven't liked any of their last few albums, seems the same stuff each time.

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

It's completely irrational how much it annoys me but every 2nd loser has their f*n phone in the air

no one was even singing along to In Bloom in the verses when by all rights you should hear them when it drops to just bass
Cause for the most part, people are ******* idiots. Welcome to life.

Hopefully the album is different.

You may have got your wish

Enjoyable track, but this sounds like Foos covering a song from the 60s/70s

Best single they've done since Nothing Left to Lose, and it's not exactly a super memorable song, still very good.

I can name at least 3 singles from Wasting Light which are better

Something From Nothing also >

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back