Food for thought (or more accurately, food thoughts and inspirations)

Remove this Banner Ad

SonofSamsquanch

Rebuilding
Mar 31, 2016
Deep South
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Nah, 1983 ☹
I worked in a pub in the 70s when pots were something like 34 cents. 7oz were 27 cents.

Then due to my liver I gave up drinking a long time back. Fast forward to a send off so we go to some fancy joint. I buy the first round. I must have handed over a fifty and the girl gives me a look like, hey, fu** off loser. Where's the rest!

Anyway I have had three meat pies in total since 1970. One that I made myself in 1981 which was OK and another when I stayed at a friend's place in Canberra. A student. The pie was a luxury for a poor student in 1984.

Hojuman

조수미 사랑해요
May 20, 2012
Seoul
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I worked in a pub in the 70s when pots were something like 34 cents. 7oz were 27 cents.

Then due to my liver I gave up drinking a long time back. Fast forward to a send off so we go to some fancy joint. I buy the first round. I must have handed over a fifty and the girl gives me a look like, hey, fu** off loser. Where's the rest!

Anyway I have had three meat pies in total since 1970. One that I made myself in 1981 which was OK and another when I stayed at a friend's place in Canberra. A student. The pie was a luxury for a poor student in 1984.

Yep. 7oz glass 38c and pots 52c when I started.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CharlieMortdecai

Premiership Player
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad