Food for thought (or more accurately, food thoughts and inspirations)

Remove this Banner Ad

So today I was gonna make chips for my brother and I and as soon as I went to put it in the oven they all fell off the tray

So I had to rinse them off grrrrrrr

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Sandbar Mildura maybe you would like one of my steak sangas if you're ever up this way View attachment 1159440

On Nokia 5.3 using BigFooty.com mobile app
I used to love heading to the Sandbar when I visited Mildura back in the day. Had an awesome beer garden with plenty of trees and tables. Got a bit rough and ready on hot summer nights after everyone had a few under their belts though!

I used to love heading to the Sandbar when I visited Mildura back in the day. Had an awesome beer garden with plenty of trees and tables. Got a bit rough and ready on hot summer nights after everyone had a few under their belts though!
Trees are gone sadly what was the beer garden is now a nightclub but we do have a rooftop bar in its place

On Nokia 5.3 using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mildura always had good coffee, used to bemuse me when so many people were ordering hot muguccinos when the good stuff was right there. My family up there were also culprits. They deny it now, of course.
way too many italians live here to have bad coffee

Mildura always had good coffee, used to bemuse me when so many people were ordering hot muguccinos when the good stuff was right there. My family up there were also culprits. They deny it now, of course.
Not Mildura, but in some country town, back in the 80s when I used to do a lot of country work, we were behind an older lady in a cafe and she asked at the counter if they did cappuccinos? The girl said yes, so she ordered two cups of chino - one for her and one for her husband.

To be fair, back in those days the cappuccino was a special occasion drink. And there were plenty of cafes around that made them using Nestcafe and overheated frothy milk as well - often too hot to drink and there would be a skin on the milk :(

So coffee...

I have had a few machines but when I burned out the boiler in my Nemox machine I was kind of grounded, so I had to limit my spending to a Sunbeam 6910. It's been a reliable workhorse. My coffeesnobs loyalty has wavered a bit so I buy beans from various places - I have a preference for some of the African beans from Coffee Snobs though. Tried roasting - some success but using a popcorn popper was a bit tiresome. I can easily go through a kilo in a month or less so freshness is not a concern.

1624189811329.png

Last edited:
Only time I tried coffee was when I was about 10 on a cold winters day at the footy at Cobden, from my Grandfathers thermos. Tasted like sh*t and haven't had one since.
I agree - coffee cannot be put in a thermos. It will not survive. Not even instant coffee which is a witches brew anyway.

Only time I tried coffee was when I was about 10 on a cold winters day at the footy at Cobden, from my Grandfathers thermos. Tasted like sh*t and haven't had one since.

PERIOD.

Only cool people don’t like coffee

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I used to work with a guy who grew coffee. Never got into it before that but once we were tree planting on a site and camped there for ages. Had no tea left and I had one of his coffee's and have never looked back.

I even used to have a few coffee trees as a result but ... well its not worth the PITA it takes to get it ready to roast, even tho (like everything else) homegrown is heaps better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back