Food for thought (or more accurately, food thoughts and inspirations)

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah, 1983 ☹
I worked in a pub in the 70s when pots were something like 34 cents. 7oz were 27 cents.

Then due to my liver I gave up drinking a long time back. Fast forward to a send off so we go to some fancy joint. I buy the first round. I must have handed over a fifty and the girl gives me a look like, hey, * off loser. Where's the rest!

Anyway I have had three meat pies in total since 1970. One that I made myself in 1981 which was OK and another when I stayed at a friend's place in Canberra. A student. The pie was a luxury for a poor student in 1984.

I worked in a pub in the 70s when pots were something like 34 cents. 7oz were 27 cents.

Then due to my liver I gave up drinking a long time back. Fast forward to a send off so we go to some fancy joint. I buy the first round. I must have handed over a fifty and the girl gives me a look like, hey, fu** off loser. Where's the rest!

Anyway I have had three meat pies in total since 1970. One that I made myself in 1981 which was OK and another when I stayed at a friend's place in Canberra. A student. The pie was a luxury for a poor student in 1984.

Yep. 7oz glass 38c and pots 52c when I started.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sarsaparilla flavour is ? Like Blue Heaven Big M. What the hell is that ?
I have a feeling that Blue Heaven is a completely artificial flavour that was synthesised in the 1930s. Could be wrong.
Sarsparilla is faintly aniseed and I think is derived from some sort of plant root.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back