Food for thought (or more accurately, food thoughts and inspirations)

Remove this Banner Ad

OK. My last pizza was thin and crispy but I was also a fan of the 90 Secondi style of pizza from the place in Docklands. This youtube shows how to achieve that kind of pizza...

Hey. Anyone got an air fryer? Maybe we are the last to get onboard, who knows? But we just got one. Cooked fish and chips as a trial run. Any good ideas?
Yes, they are AMAZEBALLS

Take off a third of the oven heat and time for your usual Amazeballs.

Edit: cook most things at no more than 180, don’t drop below 160.
20 mins on 180 does the trick for crispy fries

Now I can have chips (fries) for breakfast, lunch and dinner seeing how air fryer cooking is healthy.

Morning and afternoon tea as well.

This is the life!
This has literally been my diet lol

I admit that the air fryer cooks frozen chips better than the microwave.

Microwave does 2 minute noodles better though so you still need both.
The kettle does better 2 min noodles

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To get over the result of tonight's AFLW game I decided to have a crack at some sweet biscuits...

IMG_20220226_212816.jpg

1 egg
1 cup of sugar (any kind)
4 table spoons of butter or marg.
2 cups of SR flour
1 cup of coconut

Cream the butter and sugar, then add the egg

Stir in coconut and then add the flour.

Mix to a soft dough.

Spoon out walnut size pieces onto a greased baking tray and cook for about 12 to 15 minutes at 180 C.

Options include additional flavourings such as honey, peanut butter, vanilla, chocolate chips, m&ms or whatever you reckon would be nice.

Last edited:
I'm pretty keen on a good borscht. Blame on the news, but I'd like to reattempt one this week.

I've always gone with the Guardian version for no particular reason but habit. Its fine but it doesn't blow my socks off. Certainly not as good as what you get in good restaurants.

Does anyone here have a better go-to recipe? Maybe I should just stop being slack and make my own stock.

I'm pretty keen on a good borscht. Blame on the news, but I'd like to reattempt one this week.

I've always gone with the Guardian version for no particular reason but habit. Its fine but it doesn't blow my socks off. Certainly not as good as what you get in good restaurants.

Does anyone here have a better go-to recipe? Maybe I should just stop being slack and make my own stock.

I have not tried it myself. I looked for a recipe from "Recipe Tin Eats" but nup... nothing there. But this one above is from a cook named Natasha - and that's good enough for me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back