Food, Drink & Dining Out Food Shopping

Remove this Banner Ad

How much do you spend on a weekly food shop?

Between my partner and I we range from $250-$400. Today’s was about $380.

We both train relatively hard so we eat a bit of food, have recently changed to MyMuscleChef meals for lunches as well for variety as we eat the same thing every night for dinner. I personally have had taco mince and rice for lunch for the last 3ish years. Obviously going to the pre-packed meals has added $50ish a week

Soft drink definitely blows the amount out as well, I reckon I’d drink 40 cans of Sunkist Zero/Pepsi Max a week.

Do you cook every night something different or meal prep/buy enough ingredients to have the same thing for a few days?

Holy cow you spend a lot! For a family of four with one in nappies and a dog we probably spend about $250-$300 a week. I cook something different each night and sometimes have leftovers for lunch. We eat a lot of pasta, stir fry, risotto, roasts and try to hand at least 4 different veggies every meal. Usually one meal a week is vegetarian and we get takeaway once a week (included in the weekly budget).

Can you switch your slabs of soft drink for a soda stream?

I go to Aldi every couple of weeks and do a shop of around $200. Aldi is great for keto foods. I also spend $20-30 on odds and ends from IGA/Drakes once or twice a week. So probably around $300 a fortnight.

We both train relatively hard so we eat a bit of food, have recently changed to MyMuscleChef meals for lunches as well for variety as we eat the same thing every night for dinner. I personally have had taco mince and rice for lunch for the last 3ish years. Obviously going to the pre-packed meals has added $50ish a week

Soft drink definitely blows the amount out as well, I reckon I’d drink 40 cans of Sunkist Zero/Pepsi Max a week.

Do you cook every night something different or meal prep/buy enough ingredients to have the same thing for a few days?

Sounds like you're training to work the soft drink off.

we all have our vices but 40 cans of soft drink can't be good for your teeth and the risk of cancer and diabetes.

1 can a week would be too much

but then again, if it makes you happy!

I think I worked it out to about $6,000 a year a few years ago
So about $100/120 a week ???

Hard to tell
I spent $1000 last week, but I stocked up on a lot of the stuff they say might be scarce because of ronna....sick/isolating warehouse, abattoir,transport workers and reduced imported stuff because of same OS
Freezer is stocked full of beef chook fish prawns duck lamb and pork also got the Ham and other imported Xmas Stuff,and threw in another massive Toilet Paper (just in case).
I will go again in a few weeks to finish off the Xmas shopping,,,free range Turkey and a few more German Xmas treats from Aldi.
Then probably wont go for months.

Got some great Italian soft drinks last time Aldi had them Chinnotto, Lemonade and Blood Orange 12 little bottles in total at about 1 a month it might be a years worth.

Got plenty of condiments too

The soft drink is Pepsi max/Sunkist zero - it’s literally carbonated water with flavouring and no sugar/calories. I just don’t drink water if it’s not flavoured so I have an addiction to sugar free soft drinks. No issue with future diabetes here!

Going to have to look at the shop next week though after seeing these prices, a few things definitely add to the price that we buy in bulk - YoPro Banana tubs are $2.40 each if not on special and we buy 14-20 as we both eat 1-2 of them a day. Probably spend $50 a week on the soft drink. $50 on Pork Fillets for dinner for the week as we have homemade Massaman curry for dinner, etc. Adds up very quickly.

I think I worked it out to about $6,000 a year a few years ago
So about $100/120 a week ???

Hard to tell
I spent $1000 last week, but I stocked up on a lot of the stuff they say might be scarce because of ronna....sick/isolating warehouse, abattoir,transport workers and reduced imported stuff because of same OS
Freezer is stocked full of beef chook fish prawns duck lamb and pork also got the Ham and other imported Xmas Stuff,and threw in another massive Toilet Paper (just in case).
I will go again in a few weeks to finish off the Xmas shopping,,,free range Turkey and a few more German Xmas treats from Aldi.
Then probably wont go for months.

Got some great Italian soft drinks last time Aldi had them Chinnotto, Lemonade and Blood Orange 12 little bottles in total at about 1 a month it might be a years worth.

Got plenty of condiments too
Would have been more convince if you had a Chrico plan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The soft drink is Pepsi max/Sunkist zero - it’s literally carbonated water with flavouring and no sugar/calories. I just don’t drink water if it’s not flavoured so I have an addiction to sugar free soft drinks. No issue with future diabetes here!

Going to have to look at the shop next week though after seeing these prices, a few things definitely add to the price that we buy in bulk - YoPro Banana tubs are $2.40 each if not on special and we buy 14-20 as we both eat 1-2 of them a day. Probably spend $50 a week on the soft drink. $50 on Pork Fillets for dinner for the week as we have homemade Massaman curry for dinner, etc. Adds up very quickly.
Your brain gets fooled into delivering the same insulin response with fake sugar as it dose with real, triggers off the taste buds.

And Massaman curry with Pork thats no Halal

Due to its Muslim roots and therefore Islamic dietary laws, this curry is most commonly made with chicken, but there are also variations on this dish using duck, beef, venison, mutton, goat, or, less commonly, pork.
As pork is haram (forbidden) in Islam, this last variant is not eaten by observant Thai Muslims.

Holy cow you spend a lot! For a family of four with one in nappies and a dog we probably spend about $250-$300 a week. I cook something different each night and sometimes have leftovers for lunch. We eat a lot of pasta, stir fry, risotto, roasts and try to hand at least 4 different veggies every meal. Usually one meal a week is vegetarian and we get takeaway once a week (included in the weekly budget).

Can you switch your slabs of soft drink for a soda stream?

In fairness, soft drink is relatively cheap.

Those zero calorie soft drinks won't be adding much to the waistline.

Yeah. I didn't notice the zero part. Still, all that aspartame can't be good for you.

Totally incorrect.
I suggest you step up your personal research away from the conspiracy thread
beware of misinformation from Big Sacharine they just want to sell sheeple highly processed poison

Animal studies have convincingly proven that artificial sweeteners cause body weight gain.
A sweet taste induces an insulin response, which causes blood sugar to be stored in tissues, but because blood sugar does not increase with artificial sweeteners, there is hypoglycemia and increased food intake.
So in the experiment, after a while, rats given artificial sweetener have steadily increased caloric intake, increased body weight, and increased adiposity.

"When study participants drank sucralose, their blood sugar peaked at a higher level than when they drank only water before consuming glucose," Pepino explained. "Insulin levels also rose about 20 percent higher. So the artificial sweetener was related to an enhanced blood insulin and glucose response."

The elevated insulin response could be a good thing, she pointed out, because it shows the person is able to make enough insulin to deal with spiking glucose levels. But it also might be bad because when people routinely secrete more insulin, they can become resistant to its effects, a path that leads to type 2 diabetes.

Diabetes from sugar-free drinks?

My mistake, I'm sure it's great for him to be drinking 15 Litres of sugar free soft drink per week.

Actually, come to think of it, I believe its the amount doctors recommend us all to drink. :think:

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back