Review Food

Remove this Banner Ad

noideaatall

Premiership Player
May 14, 2011
home, sth of hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
Here is a thread for all you food obsessed mob.
To start you off:
Some people eat to fuel the body to get out there and live life.
Some people eat for King and country, poor things.
Foodies eat, or rather order food, to distinguish themselves from their fellow human beings. "Look at me, here I am eating my softly poached, organic, free range, non-fertilised eggs on a bed of sour dough rye thickly coated with avocado and spinach while that poor pleb is having eggs on toast."
They talk about food made with love, whilst eating at a Calombaris restaurant. They rave about food and art, staring at the latest whirls in their coffee, not noticing the milk is burnt and the drink cold. They go on about food and ethics, never having gone hungry in their life. Bottom line, throw in some exotic sounding adjectives, add a 0 to the price, a couple of bits of some green and an even weirder garnish with a sprinkle of some sugary sauce and they wet themselves.
I use to be able to go down the local watering hole for a steak that filled the plate with some chips for bugger all. Now I get a square cm of steak on a bed of beans and mash, all for a days earnings. I blame foodies for pretty much everything thats wrong in this world, including trump.

Food......
I love it, for all the wrong reasons.
in the past it was purely for the taste, the texture, the experience. That’s how I fell in love with escargot.
But when health issues intervened, I became an eater “eating because I thought I was going to die” as my wife suggested to me one day.
Now, through the several operations, I have lost my sense of taste and smell. Smell being a huge part of taste.
I still eat, but the pleasure has gone.

I am sorry to hear that BW. I think the older we get the more our palate diversifies and the pleasure of eating intensifies. As an addict of the usual substances I can understand those who eat beyond their needs. To lose smell and taste is huge. Is there any hope those senses will come back?

I am sorry to hear that BW. I think the older we get the more our palate diversifies and the pleasure of eating intensifies. As an addict of the usual substances I can understand those who eat beyond their needs. To lose smell and taste is huge. Is there any hope those senses will come back?
No real hope.
i was joking with the surgeon, whose a real serious dude, one day and stated that the only thing he had done to me is to kill my sense of smell and taste.
Without a seconds pause he shot back “at least I saved your eyesight”.
The guy just doesn’t get me.....

That medical mob, doubt they get any of us mere mortals. Full of insecurities.:)
At least you can go to the footy, watch the action and eat a cold pie without noticing how bad it tastes and how much the nearest alcoholic smells.

I love to cook as a hobby. My mantra " Bags of flavor "

I get that a lot of foodies can be pretentious flogs but cooking with fresh ingredients and passion should never be frowned upon. Even a drunken fry up can be elevated slightly by just ........... adding salt.

Here is a thread for all you food obsessed mob.
To start you off:
Some people eat to fuel the body to get out there and live life.
Some people eat for King and country, poor things.
Foodies eat, or rather order food, to distinguish themselves from their fellow human beings. "Look at me, here I am eating my softly poached, organic, free range, non-fertilised eggs on a bed of sour dough rye thickly coated with avocado and spinach while that poor pleb is having eggs on toast."
They talk about food made with love, whilst eating at a Calombaris restaurant. They rave about food and art, staring at the latest whirls in their coffee, not noticing the milk is burnt and the drink cold. They go on about food and ethics, never having gone hungry in their life. Bottom line, throw in some exotic sounding adjectives, add a 0 to the price, a couple of bits of some green and an even weirder garnish with a sprinkle of some sugary sauce and they wet themselves.
I use to be able to go down the local watering hole for a steak that filled the plate with some chips for bugger all. Now I get a square cm of steak on a bed of beans and mash, all for a days earnings. I blame foodies for pretty much everything thats wrong in this world, including trump.

I wasn't sure where to post this, but this thread seems the most logical place:

I went down to training on Friday. The boys were training the house down. A few notable absentees, but it was great to see Dunny up and about ...

I love to cook as a hobby. My mantra " Bags of flavor "

I get that a lot of foodies can be pretentious flogs but cooking with fresh ingredients and passion should never be frowned upon. Even a drunken fry up can be elevated slightly by just ........... adding salt.
It’s not just food!

I find your average Carlton loss is also elevated by adding salt.

Hoping to get down to Victoria next winter to see a couple of games, also could anyone recommend any good eating places. Love good food, wether takeaway or eat in

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back