Opinion Foodie Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

What type of tosser would come to a thread called “Foodie Thread” and abuse people about the thread title.

Start with a Weber (or similar) Kettle. They're pretty versatile and there's methods you can use to get good results with smoking.
If you get into it and want to take the next step, then get a bullet style smoker. They're more compact and pretty fool proof to use.

The biggest decision you'll need to make is: are you going to be a charcoal smoker or a pellet smoker.
Scored an old second hand weber - will have a go at some ribs on the weekend. NH jnr is pretty excited

Last nights BBQ Masterclass at Pirate Life.

307857882_10158937399142703_6913359646157503033_n.jpg

309366097_10158937399187703_8516646952753175495_n.jpg

In ADL last night on my way back to reality and went to Agapi Greek on King William Road. Superb.

We had the meatballs, dolmades, kataifi prawns, octopus skewers and these amazing little cheese-filled rolled pastries with honey and fig sides. The only dish I don’t recall much was the saganaki.

On iPhone using recycled electrons, via BigFooty.com mobile app

Changed the habit of a lifetime and went from my usual orange or apple juice with breakfast to a 'veggie juice' (thanks to a Woolies rewards offer). It's a carrot, sweet potato and ginger concoction, which sounded good, especially with the ginger addition. A different orange colour than OJ and a very different experience than fruit juice - sort of...earthy, like when you've been dumped face down on a muddy footy ground. Probably won't buy again.

Haven't been to La Trattoria for a long time but the newly minted 16yo wanted Spag Bol for his birthday dinner so we booked a table and wandered down last night. It was pumping. So packed they had set outdoor tables up all the way down KW Street in front of the empty establishments.

The noise of the crowded space made it hard to talk but it was ******* great. Service, food, vibe, and the wine list, were all pretty bang on for what you want in a traditional Italian bistro.

Haven't been to La Trattoria for a long time but the newly minted 16yo wanted Spag Bol for his birthday dinner so we booked a table and wandered down last night. It was pumping. So packed they had set outdoor tables up all the way down KW Street in front of the empty establishments.

The noise of the crowded space made it hard to talk but it was ******* great. Service, food, vibe, and the wine list, were all pretty bang on for what you want in a traditional Italian bistro.
So it hasn't lost it since Triggy took over? We still get our weekly staff pizza from there even though we are in Nth Adelaide and it regularly takes 45 mins and is sometimes not all that hot.
They have consistently done the classics well.
Went to Peel Stret on Thursday before the cricket. Still very good.

So it hasn't lost it since Triggy took over?
* me. I knew it had been sold, but I didn't know it had been sold to Stephen Trigg!? You've just ruined my favourite work lunch spot for me, thanks a lot m8

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Went to Peel Stret on Thursday before the cricket. Still very good.

I had dinner there with Dingle last time he was in Adelaide. It's still one of the best spots in Adelaide to eat.

* me. I knew it had been sold, but I didn't know it had been sold to Stephen Trigg!? You've just ruined my favourite work lunch spot for me, thanks a lot m8

He's only part of an investor group that back the guy who took over from the original owners, if that helps.

Got these as a freebie at Woolies today (probably wouldn't have looked at them twice otherwise). Don't really taste anything like peas, melt in the mouth like burger rings or cheezels. The wasabi flavoured ones had a bit of zing, but fairly mild really. Would buy.

View attachment 1587614
Those are great. Salt n vinegar is best. They're great for getting kids to eat greens as a gateway.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back