Food, Drink & Dining Out Foods you have never tried

Remove this Banner Ad

Oysters, mussels, clams, fish sushi, eel. Heading to Japan in January, making a point of trying eel and sushi. Oysters though can gagf.
If you're squeamish about the raw oyster thing you can always go Oysters Kilpatrick. Grilled with bacon and Wostershire sauce.

Odd thread, people just listing unusual foods they haven't eaten. I mean I've never (knowingly, I've been to Germany) eaten horse but I don't think that's weird. Was hoping for more 'I've never eaten an apple' type posts. There are always home schooled weirdos out there who haven't done stuff that everyone else has.

Was just about to type this . Not even many Chinese eat it it’s so revolting. But to a few it’s a delicacy .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Popular amongst Taiwanese. Market stalls and cafes serving this are usually packed.

Apparently it tastes really delicious the way they serve it. Still not all that keen given the smell.

Popular amongst Taiwanese. Market stalls and cafes serving this are usually packed.

Apparently it tastes really delicious the way they serve it. Still not all that keen given the smell.

Fair enough Rey I haven’t been to Taiwan. But lived in china for a bit and many trips never came across it that I knew of. I call it stinky foo .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Have eaten dog in Asia...definitely don't recommend.
Ate horse sashimi style, (raw), in Japan and it was outstanding.
Haven't tried dugong yet, but keen to try it.

'Mornay' is such a weird word.

It's a French sauce going back like 600 years but the way it sounds (in Australian accents) is bad, but the way it's spelt is bizarre. It always looks wrong. Like the way a bogan would think it's spelt but isn't.

Odd thread, people just listing unusual foods they haven't eaten. I mean I've never (knowingly, I've been to Germany) eaten horse but I don't think that's weird. Was hoping for more 'I've never eaten an apple' type posts. There are always home schooled weirdos out there who haven't done stuff that everyone else has.

Ive never drunk coffee.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

• Kippers
  • Snails
  • Frogs Legs
  • Devilled Kidneys
  • Bonox
  • Marmite
  • Peacock

Remove this Banner Ad

Back