Food, Drink & Dining Out Foods you have never tried

I used to drink in an after hours place in South London called the Green Leaf Cafe. It was run by Yardies and had old dudes playing Jamaican dancehall music in the backroom in a cloud of smoke and it did the best goat curry I've ever eaten.

Friend of mine has a French wife and I've eaten horse with them.

I tried eating horse once.

I got halfway through and then I realised I wasn't as hungry as I thought I was.... :p

Time Vine TM

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
I've been vegan for nearly 7 years now, but I still think about being the only person who grew up in Tasmania that never got to try crayfish. I ate every weird as * thing that Tasmanians eat (white bait, mullet, mutton, unimaginable cheeses) - but never what is probably the greatest delicacy that is in the most abundance.

Probably the most normal things I've never eaten? Red grapes, asparagus, kiwi fruit.

I'd like to try a dragon fruit, but have no idea where I'd even get one.

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
A friend had never tried Nutella until she was 28.
I’ve never had caviar

I had Nutella flavoured ice cream in Dubrovnik recently. It was the first time I've ever had it.

darthbards

Cancelled
A Star Wars Fan
May 17, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Some that have already been mentioned...I've never tried Nutella or canned baked beans either...I've also never tried peanut butter.

Never eaten cat or dog. Pretty sure I've tried everything else named in this thread.

Worst food: fried tarantula. Dirty, horrible flavour.
Worst drink: banana beer. Terribly sour, has the consistency of runny porridge with sand in it (it actually has millet in it).

Have you not had yum cha before?

id never try spiders. yuck.

Hawk Dork

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Zombie Lover BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 9, 2005
on the road to nowhere
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks
Ive probably eaten nearly everything
So far only really hate offally, fatty tasting stuff ,gristle and some really badly stinking stuff and stuff that still looks too much like the ugly part of a dead animal.
Everything else was ok

Worst I can remember is barbecued goats udder of a street vendor in Mumbai it was fatty and livery tasting.......yuk

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Halal snack pack. It's just hot chips, kebab meat of some combo of sauces.

Not sure why it's become a thing in recent years. Every kebab shop I've ever been to in Perth has just called it a 'meat box' or 'meat and chips'.
Because white people use to think Halal and Isis were the same thing.

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Because white people use to think Halal and Isis were the same thing.

What do you mean HSP are Halal certified???

The funny thing is the small number of people who vocally complain about Halal Vegemite and whatnot (which materially means nothing unless Vegemite used to contain pork products or alcohol) probably love a good kebab, HSP etc. which will contain Halal meat - which is about the only Halal thing you could mount an argument against if you think Halal butchery is crueler than non Halal. And I'm sure most people don't know the difference anyway.

What do you mean HSP are Halal certified???

The funny thing is the small number of people who vocally complain about Halal Vegemite and whatnot (which materially means nothing unless Vegemite used to contain pork products or alcohol) probably love a good kebab, HSP etc. which will contain Halal meat - which is about the only Halal thing you could mount an argument against if you think Halal butchery is crueler than non Halal. And I'm sure most people don't know the difference anyway.

well said.

Jan 2, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I've been vegan for nearly 7 years now, but I still think about being the only person who grew up in Tasmania that never got to try crayfish. I ate every weird as fu** thing that Tasmanians eat (white bait, mullet, mutton, unimaginable cheeses) - but never what is probably the greatest delicacy that is in the most abundance.

Probably the most normal things I've never eaten? Red grapes, asparagus, kiwi fruit.

I'd like to try a dragon fruit, but have no idea where I'd even get one.

Dragon Fruit is in a lot of supermarkets these days. Totally overrated, seedy and flavourless

Back