Coach Football department changes going forward

Remove this Banner Ad

I couldn’t care if Bevo had a winning % of 99% - it’s irrelevant if he’s the most successful coach in our (depressing) history. The only thing that matters is whether he is the best coach to take us forward, the club believes he is and that’s fine but yes there’s a few doubts after last season, but look I’m happy to back him in if the club believe we’ll turn it around - but this “most successful coach in our history” line that gets thrown out is completely BS.

I’d be horrified if the reason we were extending Bevos contract is because of that, not looking towards what’s best for our future. Im sure there’s still Essendon supporters saying that about Sheedy and look at the negative impact he has on that club still to this day. It shouldn’t even be a consideration - extending a coaches contract indefinitely based on prior results is a sure fire way to find yourself wailing in decades of mediocrity like the Carlton’s & Essendons of the league.

Two years is long enough to keep the media at bay, but also short enough that if things don’t improve we can start the hunt for another coach.

Bevo deserves this.
I’m glad he has signed on, it gives us time to review assistant coaches at club and make changes if required. Still would like another senior assistant to bolster the ranks. BTW, did Beto take a pay cut to help out our footy department, just wondering

Great extension. Probably would’ve liked one more but two will do.

List of coaches in recent years to have coached teams to GF’s across several years (not one hit wonders)

Longmire
Clarko
Scott
Sheedy
Malthouse
Simpson
Bevo

Impressive group.

I’d have been pretty disappointed if he’d been given the flick after one poorish season on the back of an outstanding first 8 years. A flag and almost a second 5 years later in a covid year that had the team living out of suitcases for most of it and travelling interstate for every finals game.

If history tells us anything, he’s probably still got some outstanding years ahead.

Up the Beveridge 🍻

As long as the review was suitably exhaustive (which we can't know for sure), re-signing Bev now is the right move. Can't leave a premiership coach hanging without other teams coming knocking, and if the view of a large majority of the people in the club was that he should be given another contract, it's a no brainer.

That doesn't necessarily mean it will end up being a good decision in hindsight - it's impossible to know how things will go - but it was the right decision now.

I'm not uncritical of Bevo but I can live with this. The 2016 Premiership buys a fair bit of loyalty and leeway but I'm impatient for sustained success. Hopefully Luke will show me I was wrong to have some doubts by delivering our third flag.

Hey all, obviously a difficult time for all of you with the news of Bevo re-signing for another 2 years. Been a rough couple of years for you guys with all the things listed below:

• Losing the 2021 GF
  • Losing Dunkley
  • Losing Hunter
  • Gaining Lobb
  • Bevo signing for 2 years

Just want you all to know that things can turn around pretty quickly, hopefully for your sake Bevo changes his ways and moves away from a game plan that is based around ducking, diving and throwing. He might even be able to swallow his pride and give up on the 5m standing tactic he has. All in all though hopefully you have a poor start to the season and the board comes to their senses and parts ways with him this year.

All the best for 2023!
How's it feel not being able to attend in 2021 and then stinking it up when you get a couple of injuries in 2022?

Lol losing to Brisbane at the MCG.

Back to mediocrity and irrelevance

This is the best dog's list I have ever seen.

Even more balanced than last year.

It's go time.

Richmond backed Hardwick at the right time. Could this be our moment?
This is far from the best list we have ever had

No midfield depth at all if we get injuries and every club does

Bont Libba McCrae Trealor(always misses a chunk of games with an injury) Smith no other legitimate mids on the list

8 players 30yld and over with Libba being the only legitimate A grader

Who are the 1s who will stand up when going gets tough besides Libba and Dunks (sorry he’s gone) it’s a massive issue as last year showed

I’m sure Hannan OBrien Scott McComb Bruce Lobb Baker are not helping us at all in that area as they have shown in their past performances

Being the 2nd oldest list in the comp has me worried going forward

This is reality

Hey all, obviously a difficult time for all of you with the news of Bevo re-signing for another 2 years. Been a rough couple of years for you guys with all the things listed below:

• Losing the 2021 GF
  • Losing Dunkley
  • Losing Hunter
  • Gaining Lobb

Just want you all to know that things can turn around pretty quickly, hopefully for your sake Bevo changes his ways and moves away from a game plan that is based around ducking, diving and throwing. He might even be able to swallow his pride and give up on the 5m standing tactic he has. All in all though hopefully you have a poor start to the season and the board comes to their senses and parts ways with him this year.

All the best for 2023!
* off clown

• Losing the 2021 GF
  • Losing Dunkley
  • Losing Hunter
  • Gaining Lobb

All the best for 2023!
You do realise we got to see our grand final in person? Not via ch 7 coverage lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

• Losing the 2021 GF
  • Losing Dunkley
  • Losing Hunter
  • Gaining Lobb

All the best for 2023!
Imagine having a go at the recruitment of Lobb when your great white hope for the forward line is Josh Schache 😂

Your forward line actually disgusts me it’s that bad, at least you picked up Hunter for, as your list management put it “run and connection with the forward line”. Literally his two biggest weaknesses (i mean aside from alcoholism and gambling 😂) quite concerning your list manager actually hasn’t watched the bloke.

This is far from the best list we have ever had

No midfield depth at all if we get injuries and every club does

Bont Libba McCrae Trealor(always misses a chunk of games with an injury) Smith no other legitimate mids on the list

King Robbie McComb plays golf then, does he?

You do realise we got to see our grand final in person? Not via ch 7 coverage lol.

Let's be honest, most of you on this board couldn't afford a Grand Final ticket.

Imagine having a go at the recruitment of Lobb when your great white hope for the forward line is Josh Schache 😂

Your forward line actually disgusts me it’s that bad, at least you picked up Hunter for, as your list management put it “run and connection with the forward line”. Literally his two biggest weaknesses (i mean aside from alcoholism and gambling 😂) quite concerning your list manager actually hasn’t watched the bloke.

You've lost Dunkley, Schache, Hunter and gained Lobb and somehow there is people on this board saying it's the best list ever.

Let's be honest, most of you on this board couldn't afford a Grand Final ticket.

You've lost Dunkley, Schache, Hunter and gained Lobb and somehow there is people on this board saying it's the best list ever.
Mutt it’s time that you give this clown a holiday

• Losing the 2021 GF
  • Losing Dunkley
  • Losing Hunter
  • Gaining Lobb

All the best for 2023!
Welcome back, last time you visited this board it was after the Bulldogs beat your mob and you arrived to offer excuses of a 2 day shorter break and Jake Lever being a late out. Hope you enjoyed his performance in your straight set finals campaign, and congrats on the dynasty.

jake-lever-lol.gif

BUT most of us were there in real life to see it live on 01/10/2016 MCG ! "Never Forget"

Welcome back, last time you visited this board it was after the Bulldogs beat your mob and you arrived to offer excuses of a 2 day shorter break and Jake Lever being a late out. Hope you enjoyed his performance in your straight set finals campaign, and congrats on the dynasty.

jake-lever-lol.gif

And how did your finals campaign go? Don't worry, you've lost your BNF winner and gained Lobb, all is good!

• Losing the 2021 GF
  • Losing Dunkley
  • Losing Hunter
  • Gaining Lobb

All the best for 2023!

Congratulations, for you sir, are the clubhouse leader for the worst troll in the history of this board. It's the only thing that saved you from the banz hammer.

Talk about being unable to read the room! Literally every negative listed by you has been positively received by Bulldogs supporters. Loser....

I love how you have placed Schache and Hunter in that sentence as if they were best 22 mainstays and as important to us as Lever and May are to Melbourne.

Enjoy watching your team in finals next year. The likelihood of Melbourne bottling a final at home again is pretty high.

You must really be poor at this trolling caper. I only gave you a regular infraction for your repeat trolling effort and it resulted in a suspension.

ScragCity - can you please give this total loser some lessons on how to troll subtly and with humour? Thanks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back