Roast Football Department Review Required

Remove this Banner Ad

"We know who you are" and the nothingness that followed *s me off more than anything.

OK, lets get serious, we'll trade Hartlett.

Hmmm, lets have a round of golf first, he's a good bloke.

* it... stay on Hammer, she'll be right.....you'll come good. Even with the "I don't have the tank for midfield" theory in play.

I just want to see a plan, this current group are clearly not good enough to win a flag. I want to see a clear plan of how we take the current list and build toward a premiership.

We cannot throw a 4th season in a row away trying to win a premiership with a player group and coaching staff clearly not capable. I don't care if its a 6 year plan I just want to see one.

Lol we had a review last year. Can't do it every year. Funny thing is we barely made a coaching change.
Bulkshit. KT stood in front of the whiteboard, wearing his tracks dacks, and gave them a very stern finger waving and frown. We made BIG changes.

"We know who you are"

Impey subsequently most every game

#NoChangesInto2017

/s

Last edited:
seriously if the crows win it all i'd go overseas... if i lived in Adelaide.
Lol. If I lived in Adelaide I'd just move to Melbourne

Why would I want to waste my life living in a dead end place where every building says "for lease" and if you've instilled any motivation into your children they'll move interstate first chance they get?

Sorry but that's as true as Ken is a failure and the club has been infected with the sickness of mediocrity

"It's ok everyone, Adam Thomson, who we drafted with a first rounder, eventually went to Richmond and did nothing. So letting him go wasn't a mistake."

Wasting a draft pick?
Botching his development?

Never mind, he did nothing after he left so it's all good.

See Moore.

This is the real issue. Part of it is our own doing, part of it is due to the fact that we were s**t at exactly the wrong time, which weakened our list development.

2008 - Pick 42 (Banner - 19 games), Pick 54 (Redden - 16 games), Pick 66 (Dawson - 0 games)
2009 - Picks 8 (Butcher - 31 games) and 9 (Moore - 55 games)
2010 - Pick 16 (Jacobs - 26 games), Pick 35 (Newton - 4 games) and Pick 52 (O'Shea - 81 games)
2011 - Pick 45* (Ah Chee - 26 games) and 51 (Blee - 6 games)
2012 - Pick 30 (Shaw - 0 games)
2013 - Pick 45 (Harvey - 0 games)

*Ah Chee hasn't gone yet, granted...but it's not looking good.

When you consider that every year, the AFL REQUIRES you to make 3 list changes, busting on 2 or more of them from 2008-2011 and getting nothing in return is going to have a detrimental effect to the health of the list as a whole. Between them, these guys averaged 19 games over a cumulative 6 seasons.

And why did we get nothing in return? Because we were running on the smell of an oily rag and didn't have the systems in place necessary to create an environment that develops AFL footballers. Our idea of development was to throw players into deep end of the senior team and tell them to swim.

Since Hinkley has been here, however, look at the development:

2012 - Pick 29 (Clurey - 37 games)
2013 - Pick 21 (Impey - 73 games), Pick 52 (Byrne-Jones - 39 games), Pick 68 (Amon - 32 games)
2014 - Pick 56 (Howard - 6 games), Pick 69 (Austin - 13 games), Pick 84 (Frampton)
2015 - Pick 37 (Bonner), Pick 45 (Johnson - 2 games)
2016 - Pick 16 (Marshall), Pick 18 (Powell-Pepper - 19 games), Pick 32 (Atley - 3 games), Pick 33 (Drew)

Between them, these guys have averaged 17 games over a cumulative 5 seasons.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back