Football Department Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Breakdown of the finalised 2015 coaching panel. There will be smiles all around at Blacky's new role.

Senior Coach - Justin Leppitsch

Offensive Strategy Coach - Gary O'Donnell
Forward Coach (part time) - Jonathan Brown
Offensive Skills and Assistant NEAFL Coach - Leigh Harding

Defensive Strategy Coach - Murray Davis
Defensive Skills & AFL Backs Coach - Mitch Hahn

Stoppage Strategy Coach - Danny Daly
Contest Skills & Midfield Coach - Simon Black
Ruck and Defensive Skills Coach - Ben Hudson

Development & Reserves Coach - Shane Woewodin
Skill Development Manager - Matthew Francis

Last edited:
Breakdown of the finalised 2015 coaching panel. There will be smiles all around at Blacky's new role.

Good to see Blacky move to midfield coach! That will be great for him!! Does it seem strange to anyone else that we only have a part time forward coach? From what i read the other day, Leppa said that he expected Brown to be there twice a week in pre season and once a week during the year. I understand we have another offensive strategy coach but i just wonder if that will be enough for our young forward line.

Good to see Blacky move to midfield coach! That will be great for him!! Does it seem strange to anyone else that we only have a part time forward coach? From what i read the other day, Leppa said that he expected Brown to be there twice a week in pre season and once a week during the year. I understand we have another offensive strategy coach but i just wonder if that will be enough for our young forward line.

Our forward line is very young, I expect they will get plenty of time with the development coaches as well. Browny will be there two days a week during pre-season and one day a week during the season (for the main coaching/training session).

Leppa was also a handy forward and defender which means he can give them plenty of advice as well.

Seems okay to me.

From what I have heard, he is way more into his corporate role at the club.

Yeah chatting to Matthew Francis and he was chuckling about how much Charmo was killing it in the corporate role, while Matt was covering the rucking coach role.

Side note: I take it Matty is on his way out then?

Edit: Ah just saw the edit. Cool.

*Leigh Harding (Offensive Skills and Assistant NEAFL Coach),

I like the look of that list....seems properly balanced now with the right people in the right positions.

Some very good people to lead our young team in the right direction at last.

Poor Vossy, he really was up against it wasn't he? Didn't have a hope the way it was back then. Did a damned good job considering.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like the look of that list....seems properly balanced now with the right people in the right positions.

And about a 1:4 "coach to player" ratio. Seems pretty good for a club spending 2 million under the footy department cap.

And this old bloke should come in handy with general tips from time to time...

photos-e6freuy9-1111120395075

Brisbane Lions part ways with Jed Adcock

With football operations boss Dean Warren resigning last month, player welfare boss Manny Lynch has been told his full-time services will no longer be required. Lynch, the brother of triple premiership forward Alastair, could remain a leadership consultant to the Lions.

The club remains optimistic that the return of Craig Lambert and his wife Melissa to the club will significantly address the player welfare issues. The Lamberts have worked at Greater Western Sydney since that club was launched and have been credited with the Giants' ability to retain the majority of their highly sought-after young stars.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back