(Log in to remove this ad.)

kangaspurs

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 14, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham, Melbourne City FC
It never ceases to amaze me how good our plain white kits look, and how frequently we don't go with them. Enjoy it while we can I guess.
Yep. Our kit from two seasons ago was absolutely perfect. Understated, but timeless. It was a thing of beauty imo.

Our home kit is utterly charmless. Hugely disappointing. The away kit gets a thumbs up from me though
WOuld you rather that or the horrendous garbage of last season? Like Cruyff says, less is more, especially when it comes to white kits.

WealstoneRaider

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Yep. Our kit from two seasons ago was absolutely perfect. Understated, but timeless. It was a thing of beauty imo.

WOuld you rather that or the horrendous garbage of last season? Like Cruyff says, less is more, especially when it comes to white kits.
I don’t mind going back to plain white as the club does every four or five years, but that juts not doing it for me. Too much red for a start with the sponsors - and I hate red with a passion. Just don’t like it at all

kangaspurs

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 14, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham, Melbourne City FC
I'd say that's some quality PR from Paddy Power. Not only do they gain marketing from the horrendous kit they put out and had the team play a game in, but being associated with a campaign that a lot of football fans from many clubs would support will gain them a lot of goodwill.

Doctor Gero

TheBrownDog
Oct 28, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Tottenham, Bushrangers
Same for me. Too much red on the shirt. Will buy a home one when that horrid red AIA disappears.

Also did lol that the Nike online store is selling our GK kit with a La Liga badge.

Cruyff14

TheBrownDog
Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
I'd say that's some quality PR from Paddy Power. Not only do they gain marketing from the horrendous kit they put out and had the team play a game in, but being associated with a campaign that a lot of football fans from many clubs would support will gain them a lot of goodwill.

Sponsors give clubs money though, and without it, they'd be worse off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

moomba

TheBrownDog
Oct 3, 2001
Timperley
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Man City
Our home looked ok at first, but looks great in person. Away is a thing of beauty, absolutely love it.

Third kit is ... umm ... interesting. Looks ok on the tellie though.

chef

Oct 5, 2007
Kyabramovich
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chelsea
Our home looked ok at first, but looks great in person. Away is a thing of beauty, absolutely love it.

Third kit is ... umm ... interesting. Looks ok on the tellie though.
Away would be nice, but that Bunnings hazard tape in the shoulder makes it look ridiculous. Third is gross, but i like your home shirt.

Bradesmaen

Hall of Famer
Apr 8, 2007
London
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
Our away kit is to be released this week against Wigan. I'm assuming it will be white with blue flecks like the home jersey.

Bobby P

All Australian
Jul 6, 2011
Canberra
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
WHU Dallas Swansea Raiders Brumbies
Damn. I'm a Swans fan and I thought it was a bit off to start with but after watching them play in the kit if the preseason games I've changed my mind! The home is also quite nice (not as nice as the centenary kit)

Top Bottom