PC Football Manager 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Figured since I just bought it I'd make a new thread for 2017. Have at it.

After playing around for this a bit I started the 'Ultimate Challenge' from the SI Forums...

First season in and am playing as Stirling from the Scottish League 2.

Started a save as Burgess Hill Athletic in the 20th division.
Just won the league so up to league 19 it is lol. Also in 2 cup finals and made the semi in another 2.

Got interest from other clubs so might look at jumping a few leagues higher and getting a semi pro team.
Being an amateur team sucks as you players can get poached straight away. Play 2 or 3 decent games and bang gone.
1 player made a trip to the other side of England for $8 a week lol.

First season as Spurs I won the league, and made the quarters of the CL.
Half way through the second - I am 5th.

Lamela wants out, Kane is upset I didn't let him talk to United. Vertonghen also wants out. Vardy is unhappy he is playing off the bench (purchased him for about 11m as Leicester were relegated) but he has scored 14 goals in 6 starts, 3 sub appearances. Son also wants to go to Bayern. Dembele forced a move on deadline day. Ungrateful sods - we just won the league FFS.

I always start a game with Spurs to get the feel of the game. I will resign from Spurs and take over a Championship team when the possibility arises - hopefully at the end of this season.

Started a save as Burgess Hill Athletic in the 20th division.
Just won the league so up to league 19 it is lol. Also in 2 cup finals and made the semi in another 2.

Got interest from other clubs so might look at jumping a few leagues higher and getting a semi pro team.
Being an amateur team sucks as you players can get poached straight away. Play 2 or 3 decent games and bang gone.
1 player made a trip to the other side of England for $8 a week lol.

How do you get the option to play in those leagues?

After playing around for this a bit I started the 'Ultimate Challenge' from the SI Forums...

First season in and am playing as Stirling from the Scottish League 2.

Lordy, I remember those from ~20 years ago. I can't believe they're still doing the "Ultimate Challenge".

On another note, bloody hell, I'm old.

Lordy, I remember those from ~20 years ago. I can't believe they're still doing the "Ultimate Challenge".

On another note, bloody hell, I'm old.
Haha.
I'm about to be sacked as well I reckon.

Start of the new year, sitting pretty at 3rd, nek minnit - 6 or 7 losses in a row, sitting 8th and with 2 games to turn shot around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha.
I'm about to be sacked as well I reckon.

Start of the new year, sitting pretty at 3rd, nek minnit - 6 or 7 losses in a row, sitting 8th and with 2 games to turn shot around.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd sacked

Just achieved the pinnacle of my FM playing career - won the 2018 Club World Cup with Melbourne Victory, knocking out back-to-back UCL winners Arsenal in the semis 2-1 (and their goal was an 85th min consolation).

Starting line up was -
Thomas
Nigro - Deng - Ansell - Norton (LB from Sth Melb)
Broxham
Gerht (Danish import) - Pasquali
Rojas - Berisha - Troisi

Best signing in the save though has been an Italian guy called Davide Petterman from Palermo - has Australian citizenship so not an import, missed the final with an injury.

Has anyone ever done a career in MLS? Just played a bit of MLS in FIFA and am interested to know how the draft/trading works etc. in Football manager?
I've tried it on previous versions. The rules are a lot to get your head around, and I've never managed to stick around for very long, but it's probably the league in the game that offers the biggest point of difference in terms of list management.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back