PC Football Manager 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Has anyone here ever purchased the in game editor? Im in a career with barnet that i'm enjoying, but f*** me, i just cannot get the finances right, just constantly draining due to wages and admin, and the only way i can make them up is by organizing friendlies, but then wearing out the players. Was considering getting the in game editor and adding like an extra 1 million to keep me healthy

reading other peoples games makes me want to get back into it. Can't decide if i want to create a legacy at Brondby or buy the new FM.

My biggest in my current game is only 6-0. I dont think i ever hit 10 in a game yet but i might be wrong. You do play some amateur teams on the continent in cup comps but we normally stop around 5-6 during those matches.

Has anyone here ever purchased the in game editor? Im in a career with barnet that i'm enjoying, but f*** me, i just cannot get the finances right, just constantly draining due to wages and admin, and the only way i can make them up is by organizing friendlies, but then wearing out the players. Was considering getting the in game editor and adding like an extra 1 million to keep me healthy
Yes. Fun to check PA's too :D

Yes. Fun to check PA's too :D

I might have to get it. Am pretty invested in my current playthrough so would be good to give me a boost (and ruin the lives of some of the other clubs in the league by throwing them into debt)

I hear you, my first three for four seasons with Doncaster were a drag, plenty of times I nearly chucked it in because we were perpetually broke. Drove me nuts sometimes. But if you can get through that period, bit by bit, you start earning some money.

Season 2026-27

Made a good start to the new season by winning the Community Shield:
upload_2018-7-10_18-13-7.png

Because I'm so happy with the squad, I've done almost no recruitment in the off-season. Given we're in a WC year, I did something I often do on FM. I went looking for current WC players, see if there are any still kicking in 2026, and found a few, finally recruiting this Peruvian on a bit of a whim. He's ok as my 5th best midfielder:
upload_2018-7-10_18-16-4.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

36965858_10156121493843347_2517981141999288320_n.png

Got a database with latest transfers.
Signed Fekir, Martins (free) and Howedes.

Beat them 7-1 on the return fixture lol.

Anyway, Kane was made available for 80ish mill but they would not entertain that for a second from me.
Racist.

Got Dybala for 100m even though I don't really need him.
Cooks PA is ridiculous so I paid a pretty heavy price.
Got a few South Americans with crazy potentials as well for 25m combined but I'll have to loan them out.

Maitland-Niles is OP as * with my tactic, he averaged nearly 8 and replaced Ramsey.
Mkhi and Kols were great but I'm gonna try start Fekir and Tierney over them this next season.

Ended up with like 150 goals, 100+ points.
Sold off Iwobi and Welbeck.

Last edited:
Gee whiz the editor makes this game easy :D Brought Messi and Ronaldo into my Barnet team on loan in my pre season, we played against Forest Green in a friendly (both of us are in League 2) and won it 19-2, with Ronaldo scoring 8 and Messi scoring 5. Cancelled both their loans and sent them back home. Think im just going to use the editor to edit player wages so they aren't draining our wage bill too much

Gee whiz the editor makes this game easy :D Brought Messi and Ronaldo into my Barnet team on loan in my pre season, we played against Forest Green in a friendly (both of us are in League 2) and won it 19-2, with Ronaldo scoring 8 and Messi scoring 5. Cancelled both their loans and sent them back home. Think im just going to use the editor to edit player wages so they aren't draining our wage bill too much
Just edit your wage budget.

Just edit your wage budget.
That wouldn't fix the fact that he's actually losing money, just change his ability to offer higher wages to players.

It's basic accounting. If he's actually making a loss each year (and it can be hard to tell in FM if you are or not until the end of the season), he's either got to increase his income, decrease his expenditure (of which wages would be the biggest outlay) or just periodically edit his bank balance so that he never goes into debt to cover it all up :D

That wouldn't fix the fact that he's actually losing money, just change his ability to offer higher wages to players.

It's basic accounting. If he's actually making a loss each year (and it can be hard to tell in FM if you are or not until the end of the season), he's either got to increase his income, decrease his expenditure (of which wages would be the biggest outlay) or just periodically edit his bank balance so that he never goes into debt to cover it all up :D
Then he change his bank balance as you said :D

Then he change his bank balance as you said :D

Haha i thought about just editing my balance, but figured that i wanted to reduce my expenditure. Went on a recruitment drive and brought in a heap of overpriced/overpaid players to try help me get promoted, then got the editor, so am just reducing their wages so it doesn't kill me!
Only transfer i've really cheated to get was Tim Cahill and a loan extension for George Hirst (not including the quickly redacted Messi and Ronaldo loans). I feel dirty using the editor though, so want to try avoid it as much as i can after i've edited the wages

John fu**ing Terry.... Went through tense negotiations with him after his Villa contract expired. He wanted a coaching gig, i wanted a player coach for Barnet (still in League 2). Blew out my wage budget with board approval to offer him 10,000 pound a week to be a player coach (5 times my previous highest earner), and he accepted. All was good. Played 1 pre-season friendly and then decided to retire and concentrate solely on his coaching career as my assistant manager. 10,000 pound for my assistant manager, when im only earning 1,500 so far. Plus, he has a weird neck (photoshop skills for the win)

upload_2018-7-18_14-42-54.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back