- Apr 11, 2011
- AFL Club
- Other Teams
- Sheff Wed, Barnet, Norwood
Anybody play FM on a Mac?
Want to get FM20, (I miss playing it so much), but I'll need a new laptop.
I usually run the big 5 European leagues, the Championship and Argentina, Brazil, with a badges pack and a facepack.
Based on FM19 requirements for a Mac - this is what's needed;
I can see a Macbook Air has the following specs;
- OS: 10.10.5, 10.11.6, 10.12.5, 10.13.5, 10.14 – 64-bit.
- Processor: Intel Core 2 – 1.8 GHz +
- Memory: 2 GB RAM.
- Graphics: Intel GMA X4500, NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT or AMD/ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650 – 256MB VRAM.
- Storage: 7 GB available space.
- Additional Notes: OpenGL: 2.1.
Will the processor struggle? And is the graphics card sufficient enough? Or will it run fine - while browsing too - based on the above?
- Processor Type - Intel Core i5
- Processor Cores - Dual Core
- Processor Memory Cache - 4MB L3
- Processor Clock Speed (GHz) - 1.6
- Processor Max. Clock Speed (GHz) - 3.6
- RAM (GB) - 8.0
- SSD Storage - 128GB
- Total Storage - 128GB
- Graphics processor - Intel UHD Graphics 617
Can’t say I know too much about the processors etc. but I run FM19 on a standard Mac air and it runs fine, only goes slower if I’m downloading movies in the background. I run England datbase (VNL > Prem), Australian database (Tier 3 > A League), MLS and Czech leagues 1 and 2 and have no real issues