PC Football Manager 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

May 13, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Brumbies, Socceroos
We've qualified for the group stages of the Euro cup. Expectation: to finish absolutely rock bottom:
2021-22 Euro group.PNG

May 13, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Brumbies, Socceroos
2021-22 Season review. After a shakey start to the season, had an excellent 2nd half and finished 4th, but we're still miles behind the quality of the big Dutch clubs. Also, in Euros, we managed to beat Standard in the final group game away, to leap frog them into 2nd spot and make the knock out stage, where we lost to Bordeaux. Of my main recruits, the defender ended up being very good, the other bloke was a bit of a flop and spent the whole season in reserves.
2021-22 season review.PNG

May 13, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Brumbies, Socceroos
yeh, selling over 6,000 season tickets, average attendance of 6,750, which is 98% capacity.

The thing that gets me is the price of the new stadium, only 36 mill euros (about $50 mill?), in Australia it costs us $150 mill to build a tin shed with some scaffolding

May 13, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Brumbies, Socceroos
Slowly, slowly, starting to get a bit of a budget, but our salary budget would still be about 20% of the big Dutch clubs. I'm spending less than half my salaries budget, for two reasons: 1. all three of my strikers are in last year of contract, and I'm just going to tolerate them for this one final season, all three are not good enough; and 2. I tried and tried to get some quality in - but came up with zero! Either they didn't want to join or wanted wages way out of whack with their worth.
2022-23 budget.PNG

In the end, I got only one good recruit for the senior team, he was out of contract with one of the Belgian clubs, for the first time, I'll have a goal keeper who's actually Eredivisie standard:
2022-23 Coosemans.PNG

May 13, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Brumbies, Socceroos
Nice start to the season, but I haven't played any of the good teams, so I'm not expecting to stay top for too long:
2022-23 top.PNG

Getting a good keeper has paid immediate dividends, with 3 out of 4 clean sheets, for the first time ever, I've got a few players amongst the top stats, but I don't expect them to stay for too long:
2022-23 stats.PNG

Finally managed to talk them both into signing. Goodbye finances, hello forward line of an Aussie fan boy

View attachment 603598

Update on my Barnet save. Managed to win the Vanarama National League by 2 points (lost the last 4/5 games though after sitting a pretty 14 points clear after 41 games). Cahill and Mcdonald played 54 games and scored 33 goals between them. Finances are down the drain, even though I have moved up to League 2. Then Cahill AND McDonald both tell me they are retiring instantly as I start my 2019/20 pre-season.

Good news is that it frees up the combined 15,000 a week they were earning over my wage budget. But because i'd spent so much on their wages and drained my finances, i wasn't given any transfer budget. Can't even persuade decent free signings, because they all have "agent fees" or "signing fees" that I can't afford. Having said that, did manage to snag Ross McCormack on a 0% loan from Aston Villa (have a partnership with them).

Going to be a long season in League 2 I reckon. Board expects a mid table finish, which i agreed to when i had Cahill and McDonald firing for me :(

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
10k Posts Koala SFA State of Origin Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A. Pantskyle SFA Fight For MND SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Brisbane Dolphins Player - BFFCL BFFCL Club Captain Blue Mountain Bounders Player - BFFCL
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
Anyone else like downloading databases and playing in really obscure leagues? Currently managing SV Vitesse in Bonaire (small dependency of Netherlands off the coast of Venezuela).

Anyone else like downloading databases and playing in really obscure leagues? Currently managing SV Vitesse in Bonaire (small dependency of Netherlands off the coast of Venezuela).

Where's the best place to download databases from? Was wanting to see if anyone has made the Australian lower leagues (the NT league specifically) or the lower tiers in England

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
10k Posts Koala SFA State of Origin Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A. Pantskyle SFA Fight For MND SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Brisbane Dolphins Player - BFFCL BFFCL Club Captain Blue Mountain Bounders Player - BFFCL
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
Where's the best place to download databases from? Was wanting to see if anyone has made the Australian lower leagues (the NT league specifically) or the lower tiers in England

I go FM Scout or just the SI forums. Also there's plenty of lower league Aussie databases but I've yet to find one for the NT, and trust me, I've looked it up.

I go FM Scout or just the SI forums. Also there's plenty of lower league Aussie databases but I've yet to find one for the NT, and trust me, I've looked it up.

The only one i've ever managed to find was for FM18, where it was a whole rejig of Australian football. Turned it into a promotion/relegation and had about 10 divisions. All the NT teams were like Div 9 (think it was called Foxtel Championship or something like that). Might need to educate myself on how to use the editor so i can switch it on

BTW, just randomly, was doing my annual youth intake for Barnet in League 2. All the players were from London or thereabouts, then had 1 random fella scouted from Casaurina, Australia. Must be because i listed my manager hometown as Palmerston haha

Cheers mate, will take a look. Might be a bit of fun getting some 13th division parttimer team up to the big time. Big time commitment though

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Cheers mate, will take a look. Might be a bit of fun getting some 13th division parttimer team up to the big time. Big time commitment though
It's great. I found a legends database on there from maybe FM11?

Puskas, Di Stefano, Rivaldo, Zidane, Cruyff, Garrincha all played under me :grin:

Cadaver the database I posted before has Norzone in it! Comes up NPL Div 3. The earliest you can start is late in the season with about 3 months remaining, and there's no finals or real players, but it's still pretty cool. Not much hope for me to make anything of this starting year except for training up the kids. Budget is 300 pounds haha

1550563104801.png

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
Cadaver the database I posted before has Norzone in it! Comes up NPL Div 3. The earliest you can start is late in the season with about 3 months remaining, and there's no finals or real players, but it's still pretty cool. Not much hope for me to make anything of this starting year except for training up the kids. Budget is 300 pounds haha

View attachment 622070

That's amazing! I am jumping on that, is it for 19?

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
9 divisions palmomagpie, wow!

I've also jumped on the Palmerston Rovers, I was their Under-18 captain a couple of years ago as a goalkeeper haha.

9 divisions palmomagpie, wow!

I've also jumped on the Palmerston Rovers, I was their Under-18 captain a couple of years ago as a goalkeeper haha.

Haha really? That's pretty cool man. Should download the editor and chuck yourself in there ;)

I'm probably going to teach myself how to use the editor a bit more and make some changes to the database. Change Palmerston's home ground to Gray Oval, maybe try edit some of the players names on each team to match the current players etc. But it's pretty cool to have it in there. Real journeyman save starting in Darwin haha

Geez you guys make me miss playing this.

Editor is pretty easy to use.

Half considering going in there and destroying some 5th division Victorian team and making Hawthorn Football Club an NPL powerhouse ;)

Really enjoying this year's version. It's the first year i've really gone in and mucked around with skins, logos and facepacks too so it's a fresh feel for me

Remove this Banner Ad

Back