PC Football Manager 2019

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
10k Posts Koala SFA State of Origin Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A. Pantskyle SFA Fight For MND SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Brisbane Dolphins Player - BFFCL BFFCL Club Captain Blue Mountain Bounders Player - BFFCL
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
How'd you go mate? I'm in season 3 with Barnet in League 1, and currently sitting 2nd after 12 games, fresh off a 4-1 win over QPR. Heading down the same path as you there!

Came 3rd and won the playoff final, making it 3 consecutive promotions :)

I'm currently 1st in the Championship after 5 games, 4 wins and a loss. I'm not sure how we keep doing it because I've been really conservative fiscally and avoided massive player turnovers every time we go up. Having a look at my starting XI, 4 of them were around when I was playing in the Vanarama National: Sam Ling, Dan Happe (club captain), Josh Koroma and Macauley Bonne.

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
10k Posts Koala SFA State of Origin Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A. Pantskyle SFA Fight For MND SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Brisbane Dolphins Player - BFFCL BFFCL Club Captain Blue Mountain Bounders Player - BFFCL
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
How'd you go mate? I'm in season 3 with Barnet in League 1, and currently sitting 2nd after 12 games, fresh off a 4-1 win over QPR. Heading down the same path as you there!

Also have a look at wage spends in the Championship:

1558950887630.png

1558950922962.png

Came 3rd and won the playoff final, making it 3 consecutive promotions :)

I'm currently 1st in the Championship after 5 games, 4 wins and a loss. I'm not sure how we keep doing it because I've been really conservative fiscally and avoided massive player turnovers every time we go up. Having a look at my starting XI, 4 of them were around when I was playing in the Vanarama National: Sam Ling, Dan Happe (club captain), Josh Koroma and Macauley Bonne.

That's amazing. Good luck with that season! National League to Premier League without any hurdles would be an amazing achievement. You going to increase your stadium or anything?

I've only got about 4 of my original VNL players still going for me in League 1, and they're all pretty much depth options. Must have a solid core of players running around in real life, guess that's why they did get promoted :)

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
That's amazing. Good luck with that season! National League to Premier League without any hurdles would be an amazing achievement. You going to increase your stadium or anything?

I've only got about 4 of my original VNL players still going for me in League 1, and they're all pretty much depth options. Must have a solid core of players running around in real life, guess that's why they did get promoted :)

Well I don't expect to get promoted this season, I hope we don't anyway. Our financials are really healthy so if we stay up this season, I'll get an upgrade.

Career update:

18/19 - Peterborough in League 1. Started unemployed and took over in October when they were about 20th. Ended up 11th with a 15-17-14 record.

19/20 - Peterborough in League 1. Finished first with 29-10-7. Romped it in.

20/21 - Peterborough in the Championship. Finished 15th with 15-15-16

21/22 - Peterborough in the Championship until December before Newcastle came knocking who were in serious trouble. Managed to survive in 17th.

22/23 - Newcastle in the Premier League. Finished 7th with a 20-7-11 record and won the League Cup.

23/24 - Newcastle in the Premier League. Was cruising in 4th half way through the season but had a putrid end to the season and ended 18-5-15 in 7th. Didn't get out of the Group Stage of the Euro Cup either. Still managed a Europa League spot but was fuming with the end of the season... 6-2-11 in the second half of the season compared to 12-3-4 in the first half.

24/25 - Was offered the Bayer Leverkusen Job - I snapped it up as I lost all passion at Newcastle after the poor end to the season before. Bayer had finished 6th the season before and sacked their manager but the squad looked good. I was right - the squad was good (all I had to do was poach 2 key youngsters from Newcastle to bulk up some areas), led from the front by a world class re-gen striker, and I managed to win the Bundesliga on the FINAL DAY thanks to Bayern losing at home.

25/26 - Bayer Leverkusen - 14 games in and I am 9-3-2 on top. Again, my re-gen striker is leading from he front. He doesn't want to enter into a new contract and his current contract has a 110m release clause, which is better than the previous 70m release clause. The money clubs are coming for him. Chelsea has offered 104m which I was able to knock back. I'm worried a 110m offer will come in soon.

He's honestly a freak, and only 21. His agent is also an absolute c*** which doesn't help.

1559460570297.png

1559460590563.png

I'm still keen to go to Tottenham and turn them into a beast of a team. Funnily enough, they lost the CL Final to Liverpool in 18/19... and been hovering around 3rd to 6th without a trophy since.

I'll see how I go at Bayer Leverkusen. Wouldn't mind going to another foreign club first, but then plan to get to Tottenham. I had hoped to get to Spurs whilst Kane and co were still playing to get them some silverware, but looks unlikely as they just got a new manager and Kane is now 32. Doubt there will be a role any time soon.

Attachments

• 1559460263057.png
    1559460263057.png
    593.9 KB · Views: 102
  • 1559460300601.png
    1559460300601.png
    672.6 KB · Views: 55

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
Nothing better than funding your club on the back of your ability to develop youngsters. Just sold a 19 year old Portuguese attacking midfielder for £5 million, plus 40% of his next sale. Signed him at age 17 for £13,000.

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
Also just produced a youth candidate who could become a global superstar.

1559904183796.png

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
Also my striker has now won 4 consecutive Top Goalscorer awards in different leagues.

Ahhh this game. My Barnet League 1 save crashed at 34 games, with me sitting 3rd. Managed to find an auto save from earlier in the year at least (9 games in). Not too phased if i don't get 3 straight promotions, I'm mainly just aiming to beat the below record:

1560032582659.png

Currently sitting 2nd in League 1, with the highest GD and no losses yet (have played QPR, Sheff Wed already too). Things are looking good to at least beat the club record. If i continue how I did last time I should be ok.

1560032642612.png

1560032688069.png

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
Weird to think that there's only 3-4 months until the new game comes out.

Back