Football Manager 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Hamingja

Brownlow Medallist
May 20, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
View attachment 1060649

been struggling to find a solid save but think I have one now, managing Leyton Orient who have been a team I've won Premier League titles with in FM15 and FM19. Never got all the way to a Champions League win though so that's my goal. Got promoted in my first season via the playoffs, now trying to keep that going in League One which in my experience is the toughest division in England.
What did you do with Happe? Good player, he is the DC in my York save and I think will be Championship standard easy enough.

kdavva74

Hotel? Trivago.
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
What did you do with Happe? Good player, he is the DC in my York save and I think will be Championship standard easy enough.
Sold him to a Ligue 1 side for 750k because he kept whinging about not being allowed to leave. Also didn’t feel right stopping him from going to that level.

kdavva74

Hotel? Trivago.
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
Starting my third season with Leyton after losing the League 1 playoff final last year.

If anyone is doing LLM in England, I implore you to keep an eye on The New Saints in the Welsh league because they produce some quality English regens.

1614155848796.png

1614155859272.png

signed both of these guys on free transfers and as you can see by their season stats they were both amazing on debut

Hamingja

Brownlow Medallist
May 20, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Is there a bug since the update.

Playing 4th round FA cup against Newcastle and the ref has given 3 penalties against me in the first 30 minutes and all 3 were overturned by VAR.

Getting stomped on anyway but ref must be on Newcastle over 3.5 goals or something.....

cats2rise

Winner of 2x Tittybong Cups.
Apr 10, 2005
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Tottenham
3 games to go in my first season in the PL, and I am still clinging on to 7th and a Europa League spot. I am 3 pts above 8th, and 3pts off 4th.

If I pull this off and clinch a European spot, it will be by far my most enjoyable and best achievement in FM. The 4-1-3-2 with a DM and 3 CMs is still working masterfully.

I'm already shitting myself and worried about playing tobight and stuffing it up. I am a nervous wreck and have to get through a family gathering this afternoon before I can play. It's funny what FM does to you.

I play teams currently sitting 11th, 13th and 18th and surely I don't lose more than 1 of those games. Please please please please.

netslave

All Australian
Apr 6, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Is there a bug since the update.

Playing 4th round FA cup against Newcastle and the ref has given 3 penalties against me in the first 30 minutes and all 3 were overturned by VAR.

Getting stomped on anyway but ref must be on Newcastle over 3.5 goals or something.....
I've seen a lot more pens since the patch both in game and on the FM streams I watch.

Hamingja

Brownlow Medallist
May 20, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
1614469751245.png

No choking in the playoffs this year.

This is probably where it gets tough for me though with the stadium v. wage budget in the Championship.

Wolves have already picked off one of my regen forwards for their $4 million release clause. I still have the guy I posted earlier but he hasn't improved that much yet and probably only a 3rd forward at Championship level. Managed to sign him until 2029 with no release clause so the poor bloke is now trapped at York. I found a pretty good DC regen from Southend, only problem is his second nationality was Zimbabwean and he has declared for them. Plays more international games than games for me.

I've managed to get Man City as my senior affiliate so hopefully get a few good players in on loan with no wages. Established Championship level players want too much wage wise so it has got to be regens from here. I've found a few good overseas ones but the ones that can get permits don't want to sign for me until I get to the Premiership.

cats2rise

Winner of 2x Tittybong Cups.
Apr 10, 2005
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Tottenham
View attachment 1066833

This is probably where it gets tough for me though with the stadium v. wage budget in the Championship.

Wolves have already picked off one of my regen forwards for their $4 million release clause. I still have the guy I posted earlier but he hasn't improved that much yet and probably only a 3rd forward at Championship level. Managed to sign him until 2029 with no release clause so the poor bloke is now trapped at York. I found a pretty good DC regen from Southend, only problem is his second nationality was Zimbabwean and he has declared for them. Plays more international games than games for me.

I've managed to get Man City as my senior affiliate so hopefully get a few good players in on loan with no wages. Established Championship level players want too much wage wise so it has got to be regens from here. I've found a few good overseas ones but the ones that can get permits don't want to sign for me until I get to the Premiership.
Awesome job.

In the championship I always try and nab an ageing player for shirt sales and squad depth if they are not too picky on wages - kind of like their retirement club. I always keep an eye on the youth that got given the chop by big clubs too. I think the City affilition will really help.

Dont forget to try and organise some pre-season friendlies against Man Utd etc at home for the $$$.

kdavva74

Hotel? Trivago.
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
View attachment 1066833

i'm also heading into the Championship atm with Leyton Orient, it's daunting but luckily i managed to sell some ridiculously good regens that i bought off TNS for £10m each, which has not only given me financial security for the next few years but also means i can throw cash at free agents pretty liberally this window

(Log in to remove this ad.)

kdavva74

Hotel? Trivago.
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
1614740637947.png

I'm a glutton for punishment sometimes in this save.

Hondermarck was the sub I brought on when Bayliss went down, and he took approximately 60 seconds to get send off himself for a two footed lunge. Then I think we've held on for a win but concede in the 95th minute. fu** me, Championship has been a wake up call.

Cruyff14

TheBrownDog
Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Very good season for me, my best so far. Had the league won by March 31st. The loss came against Chelsea with 4 games to go and they scored in the 89th minute.

Haaland finished with 37 goals in 33 league games. 45 in 49 overall.

Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 6.46.40 am.png

Won the CL 2-0 vs Madrid. Ironically my last victory came against them too in 22/23. I got dominated but won. Beat Everton in the FA Cup too.

Signed this guy for 75m + 20m in add ons. My CM options are already great but he was too good to refuse. The 20 passing and 19 vision are what made me want to do it haha.

Screen Shot 2021-02-28 at 3.27.43 pm.png

Here are my other CM options

Screen Shot 2021-03-01 at 5.03.13 pm.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-01 at 5.03.35 pm.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-01 at 5.04.04 pm.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-01 at 5.04.24 pm.png

And here are some youth products I nicked

Screen Shot 2021-02-25 at 5.04.50 pm.png

Screen Shot 2021-02-25 at 5.05.25 pm.png

Screen Shot 2021-02-25 at 5.05.55 pm.png

Shade

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 14, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Colts, UVA, Southampton
Just went up on Gamepass, both PC and XBOX version.
Was really excited to play this on XBOX but good lord the menu navigations on console are horrific to the point where i turned it off after giving it a try for 15 minutes.

really badly ported game that isnt suited for console at all.

thank fu** i didnt spend 50 bucks on this sh*t.

Hamingja

Brownlow Medallist
May 20, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
All my players are sooking for new contracts, like the entire ******* team. I physically can't offer them the contracts they want. In a really ugly spot.

Remove this Banner Ad