ltdamn

Premiership Player
Nov 29, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg, Seahawks, Mariners, Celtic
Just announced with a launch date of 24th November; also announced was the return of Football Manager on Xbox after a long hiatus.

Still light on details, will be interesting to see how much improvement is in this years version with the interruptions from COVID, but I'm expecting another graphical and UI overhaul at the least, along with a bunch of QOL tweaks based on the receptions to FM20.

I just started a new game in FM20 but will probably end up getting FM21 for the Bale factor at Spurs.

Since FM Classic/Touch was introduced, I have only played that - I just don’t have the time/patience for the full shebang.

I watched their stream on Twitch, apparently some good changes to the match engine this year, will be buying again.

Was watching a clip on Youtube from the developers about the new game. The thing that excited me the most is that they said the load times are a lot faster than in previous versions of the game. Was also interesting to hear the developer explain that they decided to have full crowds in the stands on matchday rather than having empty stands for mental health reasons, as they felt over the last few months people were playing FM2020 a lot more as a form of escapism from what was happening in the world, and including empty stands in this version would take away from that.

Here's the video for anyone interested in watching it themselves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For me, best FM ever. Match day UI needs some work but hopefully that gets sorted out at full release.

For me, best FM ever. Match day UI needs some work but hopefully that gets sorted out at full release.
How so? What’s improved?

How so? What’s improved?
Processing, save and load times are all faster.
Match Engine seems better, you can actually score one on ones unlike last year.
VAR has more random results.
Press conferences aren't just an auto skip this year.
New ways to interact with players.
Can talk to player agents before you try and sign the player.

Yeah the engine is great, new types of goals. Laca dinked it over the keeper!

VAR also much less common.
Fine, I will get it now if you insist.

Am enjoying the new FM an absolute sh*t ton.

Was disappointed to see we only had 4m in transfer budget, but managed to shift Ozil to United for 20m (lol), and pay half his wage. Cedric to Newcastle for 14m, Mustafi for 5m, Kola for 13m. Luiz handed in a transfer request as we did not qualify for the CL and I was more than happy to turf him. No suitors though.

Both Rose and Wijnaldum (12.25m!) were listed so jumped at both. Rose because I needed LB depth after getting rid of Kola (and being English always helps), and Stoke were being pricks about Tymon. Signed Marcus Edwards for 15m including add ons, absolute bargain considering his output so far, and he is English too. Snapped up Ajer from Celtic for 18m too and was playing him in my midfield three, but after signing Wijnaldum, I have shifted him to CB.

Auba is stupidly good and has 13 goals in 9 games in the league or something. Edwards at 5 goals in 5 league games with two assists. I highly recommend him for anyone, especially using an English team. Can play equally good on both wings (naturally right).

Leno
Bellerin Ajer Gabriel Tierney
Wijnaldum Partey Aouar
Pepe---------------------Edwards
Auba​
El-Neny
Ceballos
Saka
AMN
Lacazette
Xhaka
Willian
--
Rose
Chambers
Mari
Saliba
Holding
AMN
Luiz
Papa

Wijnaldum I play as a DLP-S, Partey BTB-S and Aouar as AP-S. This year I am going to try and focus on midfielders with great workrates. After El-Neny's great start to the season I will retain him for at least another season for depth as he as a good work rate.

Finally was able to shift Papa and Luiz (for circa 3m each) in December, so I will be glad to have them off the books. I am looking to get rid of Willian, Chambers and Xhaka too as I have no need for them at all. Laca too as he is worth 50m and heading into the last year of his contract. I cang et Edouard from Celtic for circa 20m.

The new match engine is brilliant and the variety in finishes and goals is great to see unfold.

Anyone else think the UI is a bit s**t this year. I hate purple as a default colour scheme and it's really blocky, FM Touch-esque.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back