Multiplat Football Manager 23 & 24

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone plunged into '24 yet? Beta is out now for anyone who isn't aware.

I'm fully immersed in a save at the moment on '23 so unsure if I will buy now, later or just wait for 25.

Editor is your friend.
Yep, got the editor based on your post. Never had the editor before. It does help with stuff like that... just gotta make sure I don't over do it and end up cheating too much that I don't enjoy it.

Ended up staying about 8 seasons at Hannover. Finished mid table in second division, then 1st and promoted, then a pretty organic 13th, 8th, 5th, 3rd, 4th and 2nd... and won the German Cup when I finished 2nd. Was still about 15 pts behind Bayern.

Decided to then resign and have taken over Spurs who sacked Rodgers after he managed them for 8 seasons... he never finished top 4 but won 2 x Europa leagues, 2 x FA cups and 1 x league cup with the club.

Was pretty happy with the 8 years at Hannover winning the second division and a cup... but still 15 pts behind Bayern I was never going to be able to close the gap. The have 2-3x the wages, have won the league every year etc.

Am getting towards the end of January now at Spurs and am comfortably 4th. About 12 pts off top but about 6 pts from 5th. I poached about 6 players for about 300m from Hannover, and sold about 450m worth of absolute deadwood across about 15-20 players. The squad was stupidly inflated.

So in short, I went from not enjoying this version and being sacked from my first two clubs to now sinking close to 400 hours in...

Yep, got the editor based on your post. Never had the editor before. It does help with stuff like that... just gotta make sure I don't over do it and end up cheating too much that I don't enjoy it.

Ended up staying about 8 seasons at Hannover. Finished mid table in second division, then 1st and promoted, then a pretty organic 13th, 8th, 5th, 3rd, 4th and 2nd... and won the German Cup when I finished 2nd. Was still about 15 pts behind Bayern.

Decided to then resign and have taken over Spurs who sacked Rodgers after he managed them for 8 seasons... he never finished top 4 but won 2 x Europa leagues, 2 x FA cups and 1 x league cup with the club.

Was pretty happy with the 8 years at Hannover winning the second division and a cup... but still 15 pts behind Bayern I was never going to be able to close the gap. The have 2-3x the wages, have won the league every year etc.

Am getting towards the end of January now at Spurs and am comfortably 4th. About 12 pts off top but about 6 pts from 5th. I poached about 6 players for about 300m from Hannover, and sold about 450m worth of absolute deadwood across about 15-20 players. The squad was stupidly inflated.

So in short, I went from not enjoying this version and being sacked from my first two clubs to now sinking close to 400 hours in...
It's easy to get carried away with it, but so much bullshit happens in the again the editor is all but neccessary.

Anyone playing 24 yet? The new set pieces is supposed to be good but I haven't bothered as of yet.
I downloaded it on release day from Games Pass. Doing an A-League save right now with Adelaide United. I need some time to understand the set pieces hub - I let my assistant choose that and I'll go back to it eventually.

Really enjoying it so far -just annoyed that they've reduced the designated/marquee count down to 2 (should be 2 designated and 2 marquee) which makes it hard. Thankfully United has some good youth. Irankunda just got capped by Tanzania too (too slow Arnie) and then cracked it that I wouldn't let Tottenham have him for 400k despite his release clause being 2.5m.

I downloaded it on release day from Games Pass. Doing an A-League save right now with Adelaide United. I need some time to understand the set pieces hub - I let my assistant choose that and I'll go back to it eventually.

Really enjoying it so far -just annoyed that they've reduced the designated/marquee count down to 2 (should be 2 designated and 2 marquee) which makes it hard. Thankfully United has some good youth. Irankunda just got capped by Tanzania too (too slow Arnie) and then cracked it that I wouldn't let Tottenham have him for 400k despite his release clause being 2.5m.

Those Saudi clubs are fun. Was playing as Liverpool in a beta save and one of the Saudi clubs offered me $120 million for Salah. As a joke I countered asking for the highest offer possible which was over $500 million thinking they'd renege on it, but to my surprise they agreed to it. 🤣

Those Saudi clubs are fun. Was playing as Liverpool in a beta save and one of the Saudi clubs offered me $120 million for Salah. As a joke I countered asking for the highest offer possible which was over $500 million thinking they'd renege on it, but to my surprise they agreed to it. 🤣
Yeah seeing a lot of people in FM groups on facebook have the same thing. The Saudi clubs are coming in hard with crazy offers. They aren't fans of the A-League though haha

Have had some cracking contests in this game - generally when i'm the away team for some reason. Just whipped this result out of nowhere against Wellington in NZ. I got 5-0 up and dragged the performers for a bunch of kids to get more experience - we tried hard to hand it back though.

a.png

b.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back