Football Park - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

The next stage of the redevelopment is the Northern end being demolished to make way for multi storey apartments. I'm sure they are keeping level 1 it' just the stand that is going, kinda sad that it was only opened in 2001.

The next stage of the redevelopment is the Northern end being demolished to make way for multi storey apartments. I'm sure they are keeping level 1 it' just the stand that is going, kinda sad that it was only opened in 2001.
Really that stand was only polishing a turd in many ways though.

Given the video screen (& scoreboard underneath) at the southern end is only about 10 years old, it would great if it were relocated to, say Hindmarsh stadium for the south end. Handy for those AUFC fans that sit at the north end.

Hindmarsh Stadium itself could do with a complete makeover.
Totally agree with the AAMI scoreboards though, thought they would have moved them there already by now...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hindmarsh Stadium itself could do with a complete makeover.
Totally agree with the AAMI scoreboards though, thought they would have moved them there already by now...

Is there something wrong with the HS screen?

Is there something wrong with the HS screen?

There’s nothing wrong with the one Screen they have, there should be a second screen on the southern end of Hindmarsh.
I should have said it’s a no brainer Hindmarsh should have taken ONE of the AAMI replay screens by now.

There’s nothing wrong with the one Screen they have, there should be a second screen on the southern end of Hindmarsh.
I should have said it’s a no brainer Hindmarsh should have taken ONE of the AAMI replay screens by now.

There used to be one down there, as seen here.
900px-Adl_utd_stadium.jpg

Surely they'd rather get a new HD one than one of the AAMI ones which were both low-quality? Otherwise we could have shipped it up to AO after the last game at West Lakes.

The only part of AAMI i'm happy to see go is the hideous outer... like just why even bother having that turd polisher covering one of the wings.

There used to be one down there, as seen here.
900px-Adl_utd_stadium.jpg

That was a temporary one they had for a few years before a permanent one went up where the original scoreboard used to be.

The current one at Coopers Stadium is pretty similar to the 2nd one at AAMI Stadium (right down to the scoreboard underneath the video screen), so if you were to move any of them there, that would probably be the best fit.

No sign of any demo equipment at Footy Park today, and the car park that was supposed to be closed on Thursday is still being used (albeit with signs directing Westfield staff to their new car park).

I did notice that, but noticed that the grass area outside southern end has been zoned off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Damn, I really want to check out the big grandstand, didn't get to shoot any footage there last time. Hopefully it isn't gone by the Crows season launch/open training in a couple of weeks so I can sneak in there.

I’m 50/50 on that. Like you I want to check out the stand one more time, but I’m also keen as to see what it looks like without the Grandstand.

Email sent to us Crows fans today comes with a map of AAMI, and it doesn't seem to show any differences.
a5358161-e8dd-4d5b-8775-cfdea7be0cad.jpg

It has been said that it will be a slow, gradual demolition unlike the ones overseas (as in the US) where they blow up the whole place at once.

Email sent to us Crows fans today comes with a map of AAMI, and it doesn't seem to show any differences.
a5358161-e8dd-4d5b-8775-cfdea7be0cad.jpg

It has been said that it will be a slow, gradual demolition unlike the ones overseas (as in the US) where they blow up the whole place at once.

Entry is via gate 8 - which is the southern end of the old members entry. I assume gate 7 will be too close to the demo zone.

Many of the seats have gone to various grounds, though not as many to SANFL grounds.

My Money House Oval got a couple of rows for outer wing seating, and seating between the interchange benches.

Only other ground I've seen the Footy Park bucket seats at is Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval, where the Barry Jarman Stand

I'm gonna take a guess and say Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval is Woodville Oval with the Barry Jarman stand..... where the hell is My Money House Oval?

Why would you even refer to grounds by their bullshit sponsor name? Do you have no pride?

I'm gonna take a guess and say Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval is Woodville Oval with the Barry Jarman stand..... where the hell is My Money House Oval?

Why would you even refer to grounds by their bullshit sponsor name? Do you have no pride?
My Money House Oval is Centrals’ home ground at Elizabeth.

The builders said years ago it was going to be a gradual demolition, never all at once, especially as so much of the infrastructure will be staying anyway, such as the AFC admin and training facility, perhaps the Members stand and definitely Checkside tavern.

As far as I know the only areas with seats left is the Members stand and concourse and Northern stand (which is up or demolition 1st

Remove this Banner Ad

Back