Football Park - Discussion

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Teagueeee15

Premiership Player
Sep 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
The scoreboards at Footy Park are long outdated - and would probably cost more in the long run than just buying a new one.
The videoboard in particular has probably had next to no maintenance done on it in the past five years as well, so there’s probably a number of internal parts that need replacing by now. Then there’s the risks in damaging it further during transportation to a new site and then finding somewhere at a SANFL ground that has a stable foundation and fittings to erect a several tonne video board. It’s probably going to be one of the last things to go as some money can be made selling some of the internal parts to somewhere like a production house who could re-use them.

its been done

Team Captain
Oct 5, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Port Melbourne, Norwood, St George
Damn they're demolishing the place faster than I thought once they got going

Greasyrhys

Norm Smith Medallist
May 2, 2011
MacDonald Park
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, CDFC, MUFC, Redbacks
Guess everything will get scrapped, even the siren. Said siren I admit actually sounds better than the AFL ‘standard’ one

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Admiral Byng

Brownlow Medallist
May 3, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers
Sounds like they just went down to the wreckers and got a dozen or two old car and truck horns of varying sizes.

Dc9798

Club Legend
Dec 25, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Juventus FC
The old one above the Crows run out & the replay screen on the southern end are gone. The only one remaining is the super-screen on the northern end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
And the super-screen is now gone, looks like work’s started on the Northern Grandstand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Silent Alarm

(sandy)
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
I wonder what it's like for a player who didn't have a great career, but had a big memory at the ground? Seeing it knocked down.

There has to be a guy out there who played his only game at AAMI, was a Crows/Port fan as a kid and only got to run out there once, or someone who played for a few seasons but had their best or most fun match there...

hitthepost

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Actually pretty neutral
I wonder what it's like for a player who didn't have a great career, but had a big memory at the ground? Seeing it knocked down.

There has to be a guy out there who played his only game at AAMI, was a Crows/Port fan as a kid and only got to run out there once, or someone who played for a few seasons but had their best or most fun match there...
I did my only SANFL grand final there, the 2013 Under 18's. Does that count? :p

Top Bottom