Football Park - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Footy Park is not dead yet... One Direction performing there in Feb. Thousands of 13 year old girls outraged that it isn't at Adelaide Oval, well the cricket world cup isn't that important anyway :rolleyes:

Has this been confirmed? All I've heard about this is an Andrew Jarman rumour.
x2477o.jpg

Feb 17.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Crows train there all the time during the season, but i assume it would be all locked up now, especially as the SANFL HQ are now at Adelaide Oval.

I would suggest AAMI stadium will be gone altogether in a few years. Whilst the Crows have a 40 year lease on it's use, the 8 SANFL are hungry for cash and just leaving the huge area that the Oval stands just so the Crows can train there offers nothing to the SANFL clubs. Whilst the AFC/Stephen Trigg made a massive tactical blunder in spending $20 million on their training facility there, the new CEO will have to manage the "compensation" that Adelaide will receive from leaving West Lakes.
car_1_2.jpg

The area that is to be sold off is the members car park and the public car park. If for arguments sake, this is worth $100 million, you'd have to think the oval area would be a least that and then some. Why would the SANFL clubs want that to sit there for 40 years? The answer is they won't.

It is in the Crows best interests to establish a base close to the city any rate, but as I said, getting the cash out of the SANFL will be the next CEO's biggest challenge. You'd think the SANFL will be compliant as for them it is a means to an end, but now that the umbilical cord between the AFC and the SANFL has been cut, you just never know.

Watch as 2,000 people rock up becasue they now know exactly how shite the place is, and it's so far from anything. Better off playing at Richmond again.

Watch as 2,000 people rock up becasue they now know exactly how shite the place is, and it's so far from anything. Better off playing at Richmond again.

Will be interesting. I'll probably go as it's free for members, but there could be a protest to show fans want AAMI to well and truly belong to the past.

Will be interesting. I'll probably go as it's free for members, but there could be a protest to show fans want AAMI to well and truly belong to the past.
Question is...
More people protesting having to go back to AAMI
or
Port fans protesting having to play at "home" on the Parade?! :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back