Football Park - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

There is an exit strategy in place, a very slow one, but a strategy at least

The AFC have an extended lease on the Admin and training areas. There have been rumblings to move away from West Lakes ( most likely Thebarton) but while the current deals are in place there is no great rush.

Its more likely to do with negotiated exits rather than anything else
Thebarton? Wouldn't be to bad to move there. Nice and close

Closed sessions are becoming fairly redundant with the amount of video reviewing opposition clubs would do. If you want to plunk a rover to full forward one match then like the 70s, you'd do it on the day.

Houses around stadiums are the new thing and quite often it results in dying grounds being revitalised (Waverley, AAMI Stadium, Subi I guess – maybe the WACA) or clubs being massively helped out (Claremont).

Went shopping at Westfield West Lakes today, signs on the entrances of the AAMI Stadium northern car park saying that there’ll be no parking there from January 3 2018.
The bulldozers are finally coming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Went shopping at Westfield West Lakes today, signs on the entrances of the AAMI Stadium northern car park saying that there’ll be no parking there from January 3 2018.

As filthy as it is now, it will be sad to see it go.
Went for a walk around the place at the Crows open training session last week and decided to shoot some footage of the place shortly before the incoming demolition. Eerie stuff.

Went for a walk around the place at the Crows open training session last week and decided to shoot some footage of the place shortly before the incoming demolition. Eerie stuff.

Are you able to post that footage on here? I would be interested to see how run down it’s become.

Was also at open training last week, very eerie seeing it with the majority of seats gone.
As much as I love Adelaide Oval, it will be sad to see Footy Park come down.
The Crows are having their Season Launch/Family Day there on January 22, will be interesting to see if any demo work been started.

fa512be1202bd11b386ebcd1810c7363.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So where do the families go on Jan 22? Has there been any communication to the public?

*cheers for the pic
That is communication to the public. And I'm sure they would know of other places to kick a footy or whatever they want to do. They don't need to be babysat :)

So where do the families go on Jan 22? Has there been any communication to the public?

*cheers for the pic

Not a problem at all .
I’d dare say on the south / se side of the ground, would be good for the club to confirm, a question to throw to them on Twitter after the new year I say.

That is communication to the public. And I'm sure they would know of other places to kick a footy or whatever they want to do. They don't need to be babysat :)
Its a Family Day set up by the Crows. If thats a carpark then people need to know that it wont be open.

If there will be machinery etc then people need to know. Putting a sign up at a traffic accident isnt communicating to the public. Best thing to do is to help people plan

Its a Family Day set up by the Crows. If thats a carpark then people need to know that it wont be open.

If there will be machinery etc then people need to know. Putting a sign up at a traffic accident isnt communicating to the public. Best thing to do is to help people plan
They'll go whereever the family day is set up, and I'm sure the Crows' marketing for the event will have info.

The car park closing is currently the Westfield staff car park. Still be plenty of parking options for the handful of people that'll go to the family day.

Port should have stayed at Footy Park, closer to Port Adelaide than the CBD venue is
Everyone loves playing in a stadium with out-of-date facilities, minimal public transport options, and a seating bowl with less slope than the one from the centre circle to the boundary. Brilliant idea :p

Also (and on a more serious note), I think you'll find Port have a much wider supporter base than just the Port Adelaide geographical area, and they love the fact that they play their home grounds at the venue where they won 23 of their 37 senior premierships and three of their four Championship of Australia wins.

Port should have stayed at Footy Park, closer to Port Adelaide than the CBD venue is

SA football is very happy both AFL teams are playing in the CBD at the brilliant AO.
In the last 5 seasons at FP (seasons 2009 - 2013), Adelaide crowd ave. = 36,005 & Port crowd ave. = 23,179.

yep, this is what port fans think. they are also gutted that the crows lost the gf, and never want to play in the prison bars again

Remove this Banner Ad

Back