Dc9798

Club Legend
Dec 25, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Juventus FC
Drove past there today, a bit of demo work being done just right of Crowmania, which is the part being demolished first. Around the rest of the ground crews are well underway removing the outside panelling around it and saw some more removed seats on the grass area outside the northwest end of the Stadium.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Man that looks cool with the sun and ripped out seats, reminds me of how I saw Vic Park en route to Northcote as a teenager. That sticks out. Fooooooty.

1200px-Victoria_park_from_air.jpg

Sep 18, 2016
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Agree, it’s become a bit of an eyesore around the area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Won't look much better in 10-20 years when the high-density housing slowly rots to become a ghetto area..
Should have been kept as a small stadium for sanfl/aflw matches, build houses where the single story levels are but keep either the members stand and the northern grandstand (or both) for seating and facilities.

The northern grandstand is a pure waste. Only opened in 2001.
When I had a look around there earlier this year the place was still shiny, there was even fresh paper in the paper towel dispensers in the toilets for some reason lol

Oct 5, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Port Melbourne, Norwood, St George
I noticed during the videos that they've started stripping seats out of the Northern Stand. Any idea if they're going to be recycled or just thrown out. They look similar to the seats in the Great Southern Stand at the MCG so I wonder if the MCC will buy them for spare parts or spare seats?

Last edited:

brucetiki

Guest of Her Majesty
Nov 7, 2002
Wentworth Detention Ctr
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Centrals
I noticed during the videos that they've started stripping seats out of the Northern Stand. Any idea if they're going to be recycled or just thrown out. They look similar to the seats in the Great Southern Stand at the MCG so I wonder if the MCC will by them for spare parts or spare seats?

They're identical to the GSS seats (and the Gabba seats), but are a different colour.

Also the same as the seats at TSA, but again, a different colour.

I hope they end up being given to community/SANFL clubs to use.

They're identical to the GSS seats (and the Gabba seats), but are a different colour.

Also the same as the seats at TSA, but again, a different colour.

I hope they end up being given to community/SANFL clubs to use.
Pretty sure one of the grandstands at Alberton Oval uses Footy Park Seats and there’s a bowls club that uses them too.

brucetiki

Guest of Her Majesty
Nov 7, 2002
Wentworth Detention Ctr
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Centrals
Pretty sure one of the grandstands at Alberton Oval uses Footy Park Seats and there’s a bowls club that uses them too.

They do.

One of the stands at Woodville, and parts of the stand at Norwood, have them too.

Still plenty of the old aluminium seats around SANFL grounds too.

Justinpa1

Club Legend
Oct 21, 2013
Salisbury Downs
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood Redlegs, Liverpool FC,49ers
I assume the two video screens will be scrapped as the big one (nth end) was put up in 2002 and the small one (stun end) was put up in 2004.

I know all the seats have been offered to SANFL and local clubs, not sure about the screens.

They were both very very basic and were years outdated even in 2013 let alone now.

Back