Football Related Random Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued in Part 2

Harris Andrews being mentioned as a trade target for the Tigers is about as random as it gets.
Heard it’s Darcy Moore on a big screw.

We’ll lose a couple but I reckon Andrews is in for the long haul and will make very good money in a long career at the Lions,he’d have captaincy in the background as well which probably won’t happen at another club.

Heard it’s Darcy Moore on a big screw.

We’ll lose a couple but I reckon Andrews is in for the long haul and will make very good money in a long career at the Lions,he’d have captaincy in the background as well which probably won’t happen at another club.

It'd be heartbreaking to see any of our core group in another jumper. Im hoping we can pull a giants and find a way to keep all our essential players and just let the fringe ones go

It'd be heartbreaking to see any of our core group in another jumper. Im hoping we can pull a giants and iTfind a way to keep all our essential players and just let the fringe ones go
Tell me about it. Will be devastating seeing Tommy Cutler in an Essendon jumper.

I expect Hugh McCluggage to get some massive offers over the coming years. I just had a look at our roster thread, 24 players coming out of contract the end of 2021 including McCluggage, Andrews, Rayner, Cameron, Bailey, although you would expect a fair few contract extensions over the course of this season.

Should we start to panic?

Nah, leave it to Fagswanobl to deal with it.
Sadly I think it will be the exception to the rule in modern AFL climate that players will move clubs at least once and even more so for players living interstate (not necessarily solely applicable to Brisbane). Seems less and less players remain one club players like Dan Rich and all those before him during our Premiership years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watched SA v Vic 1994. Bought to mind we never saw the best after the merger. Brad Boyd. Only played 15 games, and if my memory serves me correct, his back was gone when he got here. Absolute gun.

Just watched SA v Vic 1994. Bought to mind we never saw the best after the merger. Brad Boyd. Only played 15 games, and if my memory serves me correct, his back was gone when he got here. Absolute gun.
He really was and it was such a shame his years in Brisbane were blighted by his injuries.

Boyd almost single handedly carried Fitzroy in its final years (no disrespect to many others) but had he been at one of the bigger Victorian clubs, or remained at Collingwood (think he played u/19's with them), he would have been a household name.

Ahh it's so refreshing being the underdog again. Thank you Kornesy. They mustve had a good buffet in Tassie and he wants to get invited back

Geez, West Coast have a fair set up particularly the indoor hangar space.

Amazed that more clubs that are upgrading facilities aren’t putting these in.

Geez, West Coast have a fair set up particularly the indoor hangar space.

Amazed that more clubs that are upgrading facilities aren’t putting these in.
Following the lead of the Bombers who have exactly that at their new home they moved into 2 years ago, their facility is actually called ‘The Hanger”

Following the lead of the Bombers who have exactly that at their new home they moved into 2 years ago, their facility is actually called ‘The Hanger”
Aware of that and have actually done work for Essendon and toured their facility, but the indoor space the Eagles had was twice the size. Actually reminded me of a lot of US College and NFL teams indoor practicing facilities.

Pretty funny that Cornes has us missing the 8, after he visited our pre season camp he wrote this article (https://www.sen.com.au/news/2020/01/23/maybe-i-was-wrong-about-the-lions/) which included the quote "From what I saw in the 24 hours I spent with the Lions in Hobart, I couldn't have been more wrong." (about his pick that we can't win the flag) now he's gone back on it again and picked us to miss the 8. I'll bet if Fagan dropped into the studio again he'd say the opposite again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back