Football Related Random Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued in Part 2

This is pretty cool... the Triple M radio call of the 2002 GF moment when Burns tried to snipe Voss but he bounced straight back up and set up a goal.

The video underneath it where they talk to Vossy about it is pretty cool too... won't spoil what the great man does but it is hilarious!

What great memories, we were so lucky to be able to witness that era.

This

might knock that on the head.
Probably not. Under the QLD governments condition, all opposition players that come up here for an away game will also have to have had their flu shots.

Probably not. Under the QLD governments condition, all opposition players that come up here for an away game will also have to have had their flu shots.

That's the point, with the AFL recommending flu shots rather than mandating them it means that any teams coming to QLD will either have to have their entire roster vaccinated or leave those players who won't behind. The only way around this is if the QLD government relaxes this requirement before the commencement of the season, and some way out from that too. The AFL needs to plan ahead and can't just wait until the last moment, it makes the idea of a QLD hub unworkable.

Might see both SA clubs up here now as well, now that the SA government have quashed their AFL’s plans.

Ok tip my hat to you on that one, do you know if the players are allowed to enter the state because they had all agreed to have shots, the government have back peddled on shots being required or have fudged the line on shot requirments due to the hub? Perhaps the AFL knows something about the time line on the shots issue and will play a mini round robin in QLD between the 4 teams up there to begin season

Ok tip my hat to you on that one, do you know if the players are allowed to enter the state because they had all agreed to have shots, the government have back peddled on shots being required or have fudged the line on shot requirments due to the hub? Perhaps the AFL knows something about the time line on the shots issue and will play a mini round robin in QLD between the 4 teams up there to begin season
No idea.

I just read/watch the news and my Twitter feed, and make reasonable assumptions from that information.

Do all the NSW NRL players have to get the flu shot, if they’re going to play in QLD?

My guess is that all the players in the QLD hub will be required to get a flu shot. So to any families who come up as well.

I hope a journo is asking this question.

No idea.

I just read/watch the news and my Twitter feed, and make reasonable assumptions from that information.

Do all the NSW NRL players have to get the flu shot, if they’re going to play in QLD?

My guess is that all the players in the QLD hub will be required to get a flu shot. So to any families who come up as well.

I hope a journo is asking this question.

My understanding was based on this article from two days ago.

"All Gold Coast and Brisbane AFL players have been ordered to receive the flu shot, as the Queensland Government stands firm on its 'no jab, no play' approach for professional athletes.

It follows the advice Queensland's NRL teams were given last week that their players would need the flu vaccination to be allowed to play and train in the state.

Two Gold Coast Titans players, Bryce Cartwright and Brian Kelly, have refused to have the flu shot and the club has given them until tomorrow to drop their objection if they want to train and play with the team when the NRL season restarts."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even if he's physically able to play surely he can't be selected if he isn't cooperating with the police.

Not believed to be self-inflicted or a random attack according to HUN....AFL and players assoc. want answers though but he is still not talking to Police or anyone.

That or a domestic issue perhaps.....bit of a mystery but it could have been so much worse, at least he is alive. Hopefully he can sort out whatever it may be.

Hinkley's ridiculous comments make me think he hasn't learnt anything from the lesson we taught him last year, would have been a great coach in the 1970's, that's about it.

"Port Adelaide, who are known as the Magpies, and Adelaide, who are nicknamed the Crows, have been booked into the same resort as Australian Football League (AFL) teams go into lockdown in a bio-secure "hub" in preparation for the new season."

:p :collingwood:

"Port Adelaide, who are known as the Magpies, and Adelaide, who are nicknamed the Crows, have been booked into the same resort as Australian Football League (AFL) teams go into lockdown in a bio-secure "hub" in preparation for the new season."

Shame the coronavorus didn't strike in 2002 after the time when Crows and Power players brawled at the Ramsgate hotel.

Would've made for an interesting stay.

For those that don't know anything about the brawl; Google it.

🤦‍♂️

Sick to death of hearing Eddie McGuire shooting his mouth off about all and sundry.......always saying how to run the game, change the game etc, to the point you start thinking he is running the AFL and not Gil and co......

...and now this latest one, he wants to know what happened to Jack Steven! Says Scotts presser wasn't forthcoming enough on information. Can you just imagine if it had been a collingwood player, how much information do you think he would've let out publicly? He would've closed ranks of the club.

It's NONE of his damned business. How dare he! This has really riled me.

Shut your mouth Eddie, don't want to hear anymore. :thumbsdown:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back