briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Heard on the news today that data had been hacked from BigFooty, information of thousands of users, also got into PMs between users..

I see nothing mentioned on News page or tops of pages to tell us...

..what's the story please?
Basically if you haven’t received an email from BF, it’s highly unlikely you’ve been affected.

Basically if you haven’t received an email from BF, it’s highly unlikely you’ve been affected.

That's not true - if you've used an old email address on your BF registration you may not have received it, or it could have ended up in a spam filter (mine did on GMail).

In summary, if you've sent a PM or posted on a private board or other restricted areas of the site, someone may have gotten access to those.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
That's not true - if you've used an old email address on your BF registration you may not have received it, or it could have ended up in a spam filter (mine did on GMail).

In summary, if you've sent a PM or posted on a private board or other restricted areas of the site, someone may have gotten access to those.

That’s why I added the link.

Not having an understanding of how this sort of stuff works, what happens now and of what use is it to the "bad people" who have done it?

For you specifically, it depends what you've put into PMs. If you've got chats that reveal personal details about yourself it could be used for identity theft, either by someone posing as you to a third party or posing as a third party to you, e.g. pretending to be your bank calling you.

https://www.scamwatch.gov.au/types-...gain-your-personal-information/identity-theft provides examples of what could happen.

MacMum

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 6, 2007
Ballarat
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Ok thanks..:)

p.s Voting poll on HUN about the best number 12...there's a few there but is down to between N Reiwoldt or Aker.

get voting folks.

edit: Mathew Richardson has headed them botho_O

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Thank god the AFL found a way to help those poor MCG tenants. After all getting the MCC to pay 150k - 200k to Collingwood, Essendon, Hawthorn, Richmond etal for home games goes someway towards helping the most impoverished sides. #levelplayingfield.

Nov 26, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Time frame

1591967601591.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SaintByTrade

Debutant
Oct 14, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Derby County
Is Big O going to be the no.1 ruck once Stef hangs up the boots?

Looked really good Saturday and has shown a bit before.

Riccutio throwing some digs at former Crows, with the exception of Charlie.

"Charlie Cameron was one we didn't want to lose. One of few we weren't happy to let go.

"He got a very, very good contract from Brisbane who were down the bottom of the ladder and had money in their salary cap. (We) couldn't match that.

"When you're at the top of the ladder and your salary cap is chock-a-block, you haven't got much room to move do you? If you pay someone overs or a massive amount of money, then it means you need to lose someone else."

Nov 26, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
So one of the blokes on Pat McAfee's show has jumped on board the lions. Hopefully the club gets around it.

The AFL have spent untold millions trying to take our game international, and all it took was a little old cold virus.

They need to buy in the best advertising guy around and capitalise on this once in forever opportunity.

Please Gil, don’t think you have the talent in house, this is brand new territory that is a massive step up. It’s the big boys and frankly I’m not sure you’re up for it.

HereIam86

Club Legend
Jun 5, 2010
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
La lakers Brisbane Heat
What was the first Lions game you ever went to at The Gabba?

First one for me was round 17 1999 Brisbane vs West Coast Lions won by 100
166 to 66. Was 8 than became a member in 2000 been one since.

Last edited:
What was the first Lions game you ever went to at The Gabba?

First one for me was round 17 1999 Brisbane vs West Coast Lions won by 100
166 to 66. Became a member in 2000 been one since.

I think it was 98 or 99 - too young to remember which but it was Brisbane v the Hawks. Brisbane won...and won...and won... Until I decided to swap from supporting my families team to the pride of Brisbane town. Best choice ever !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back