Football Related Random Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Gadzorks

Premium Gold
Oct 23, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Wow. A bit surprised this went to print.

Reckon a journalist would write this about two gay male players?

View attachment 1053860
It's on the nose. I can't recall anytime when they referenced sex between heterosexual players so gotta be the gay angle that makes them think it's ok.

And any not out gay players reading this could well hold even tighter to their secret least their activities become the stuff of newsprint.

I'm seriously unimpressed.

Note - talk about love is not the same as talking about sex, not that I can recall any love talk either.

Section 5

Club Legend
Nov 26, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Listening to ABC channel 24 they just announced that Collingwood are having a major announcement at 4.15pm Melbourne time
Seeing they used the word major can we expect Eddie to resign
This is what should happen along with a few others i would think

royboy2

Grumpy Old Bastard
Dec 7, 2007
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Canucks, Villa, England Cricket

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox

The less said the better.

No offence, but creating better pathways for girls at the expense of boys in Victoria (cue the outrage by the PC crowd), particularly those that don't attend the elite boys schools is just ridiculous.

Whilst the AFL is generally out of touch, it has completely lost it now. :rolleyes: :drunk:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers

The less said the better.

No offence, but creating better pathways for girls at the expense of boys in Victoria (cue the outrage by the PC crowd), particularly those that don't attend the elite boys schools is just ridiculous.

Whilst the AFL is generally out of touch, it has completely lost it now. :rolleyes: :drunk:
It’s all about saving $$ at the expense of supporting junior football.

I wonder if the Hawthorn’s recruiters agree with Clarko, who was vocal last year that U18’s should spend more time at their local community clubs, rather than playing NAB League.

Will the VFL clubs step up, and fill the void for the kids who have already graduated school, or don’t attend a private school.

As I mentioned after the draft, I believe we (the Lions) should have offered a couple of the top undrafted Vic/SA/WA/Tas/NT kids a spot on our VFL list, if they were willing to move.

Gold Coast have one of SA’s top undrafted KPF’s from last year now playing in their academy, and available for their VFL team, as he is doing university on the Gold Coast.

If one of our listed players go down with a LTI or season ending injury during preseason, we can sign one of these kids to a rookie contract under the SSP rules.

Remove this Banner Ad