Football Related Random Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued in Part 2

I wonder about Rowell. Superb player but two major injuries in what? Maybe ten games? Will be a Justin Clarke level tragedy if his body isn’t up to Afl physically.

I loved Justin and had a really bright AFL future, but if Rowell didn’t get up, it would be a much higher level tragedy than Clarke. Rowell could be a generational talent. He is next level good. Hopefully the young man can get his body right. Would be a massive loss to the game in general if we didn’t get to see the best of him.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Heard a replay of Jarrod Lyons interview with Gary Lyon and Tim Watson yesterday morning on SEN...I burst out laughing.

Jarrod was talking about staying at the RACV resort near Ballarat and a group of players were playing golf there...was asked who is the Brisbane Lions Masters champion, he said Daniel Rich. They then talked about how good is Richy and his long bombs with his left foot AND a champ at golf as well...

...to which Jarrod referred to him as a rounded little meatball!:laughv1:

I hate how every time the Lions (either gender) start doing well I start tearing up, especially at the Gabba. Can't sing the song anymore without crying.

I am so uncool.

1618227299664.png

Lions are doing some 20 Year anniversary Merch. $150 for the 2001 guernsey, naturally if you have one you'll need 02 and 03 as well. Easiest $450 they've ever gotten out of me tbh since the Harris Andrews wall sticker.

View attachment 1101050

Lions are doing some 20 Year anniversary Merch. $150 for the 2001 guernsey, naturally if you have one you'll need 02 and 03 as well. Easiest $450 they've ever gotten out of me tbh since the Harris Andrews wall sticker.

When you say Harris Andrews wall sticker, is that a life size wall sticker of Harris Andrews?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Currently watching Making their Mark on Amazon Prime. IMO Matthew Nicks appears a better coach than Leon Cameron.
if you haven’t seen the series, highly recommend signing up, even for just the freebie period and then binge it.
Great insights to the game of AFL.
Bet at the start Amazon couldn’t believe their luck that Covid would hit, giving them an even more intriguing insight to the running of a football club

Team banners will be back at the football for the first time since the disruption of COVID-19 for the AFL Women's Grand Final, this Saturday in Adelaide.
😍 😍 😍

Team banners for the male's competition & teams however will be first used again at the beginning of Round 6 of the season (a.k.a next week)

From SEN article
Anyone actually know about or seen this happening

AFL ISSUES PICKLE JUICE WARNING TO CLUBS

The AFL has sent a memo to clubs warning them over their use of pickle juice.

In a development that has clubs in a pickle, the league has told them that their players must stop spitting the liquid onto the field of play.

Players across the competition regularly use pickle juice to avoid cramping in games. But because research shows it only needs to be gargled to hit neural receptors at the back of the throat and ward off cramps, it is often spat out on the turf.

That practice has angered some groundsman around the country who have complained to the AFL that the regurgitated pickle juice is causing unsightly grass burn.

Yet in a move that has bewildered clubs, the league has suggested they purchase spittoons or a similar receptacle for the players to spit into.

Some club chiefs are baffled that while the AFL conducts its ticket trial to convince the Victorian health department it is ready for capacity crowds in a Covid world, it is also asking staff members to dispose of spit buckets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back