Football Related Random Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

McIvor

Rookie
May 21, 2020
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Anyone know why Heritage Round was given the boot?

I always loved the jumpers from the past for all clubs not just our own but heard Eddie say they got rid of it. I can understand not having it every year, but it would be good say every couple of years.

Also on the Collingwood and Port black and white debate. What's the issue. I mean Crows came in after us and wear blue, red and yellow and then the Suns adopted the same colors. I know we blur between red and maroon, but still, there's three clubs wearing the same colors and no one is saying sqwat.

But bring on the Heritage Round every now I reckon.

LongLion

Club Legend
Jan 13, 2016
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

I always loved the jumpers from the past for all clubs not just our own but heard Eddie say they got rid of it. I can understand not having it every year, but it would be good say every couple of years.

Also on the Collingwood and Port black and white debate. What's the issue. I mean Crows came in after us and wear blue, red and yellow and then the Suns adopted the same colors. I know we blur between red and maroon, but still, there's three clubs wearing the same colors and no one is saying sqwat.

One word "Eddie"

Full Wingspan

Premiership Player
Oct 3, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

Perhaps due to the expansion clubs having no heritage?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Section 5

Club Legend
Nov 26, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
This is good news for fans especially anyone involved with Fantasy Footy
From AFL Site

THURSDAY night teams are back.

After strong fan feedback the AFL has confirmed that team announcements will return to their traditional Thursday night slot, starting from round 10.

jackess

Hall of Famer
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
From AFL Site

After strong fan feedback the AFL has confirmed that team announcements will return to their traditional Thursday night slot, starting from round 10.
The round when we play on Friday and would’ve released our team on the Thursday anyway

BuntonRules

long term substance abuser
Dec 30, 2008
in front of the telly
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Whitsunday SeaEagles
From AFL Site

Like many, far too late to save my SC team :)

Remove this Banner Ad