Football Related Random Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued in Part 2

Hey, thanks for the invitation, would love to join the party.....but not sure I'll still be here. I certainly hope to be if genetics have a say in it.
I'm planning to be there at 77 yoa
Me too, I'll be 72 when they are on, hopefully we will be still around MM and LL.:shoutyoldman:🤞.... + a few flags for the Lions between now and then would be stupendous.

I should be around going on family genes....going on health is a whole different story unfortunately...

Perhaps we oldies should make a pact to encourage us all to look after ourselves and make it through!:thumbsupv1:
I will be too old to worry about what is going on .

Hopefully I still remember who the Lions 🦁 are 😁

Mark robinson not on AFL 360 and wont be on for a while apparently due to health reasons. Not everyone's cup of tea but i don't mind him so all the best Robbo.

I'm deliberately watching Olympic soccer.

I stand by my previous statement, the game is boring. It's just a game of keep em off. The stats would be 80% possessions are passes between the same three or four players.

Give me a fast running, error riddled, lead changing, goal missing, poor umpiring game of AFL every day.

Edit : they must be playing for a zero zero draw. Must be.

I'm deliberately watching Olympic soccer.

I stand by my previous statement, the game is boring. It's just a game of keep em off. The stats would be 80% possessions are passes between the same three or four players.

Give me a fast running, error riddled, lead changing, goal missing, poor umpiring game of AFL every day.

Edit : they must be playing for a zero zero draw. Must be.
Yep being a group game they sat back and took the draw. I'm a group setting its a smart result against the US. But that is a prime example of boring soccer. Much better when both teams actually want/need to win

Leigh Ryswyk’s last act in a Lions guernsey.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What I really don't want this season is finals to be delayed. I believe that teams who finished late last year didn't get enough rest, and their bodies are just exhausted.

If rather get knocked out of finals, than have a delay and fight our way through them. Think it will be better for us for next year.

Well, I would've put it in his roster watch thread EXCEPT HE DOESN'T HAVE ONE. :poutingcat:

Razor Ray's 350th this week. Congrats.

Might not agree all the time, but have always respected Ray's balls to make a decision when he feels it is right, no matter what the state of the game. Well done.

Might not agree all the time, but have always respected Ray's balls to make a decision when he feels it is right, no matter what the state of the game. Well done.
Screenshot 2021-08-04 21.37.43.jpg

Out of all the mocked up guernsey designs for us, Fizzler's is my favourite.

Brisbane Lions
View attachment 1100451

So for today's entry we're going a tiny bit more radical that yesterday's one. Right off the bat I did use El_Scorcho's updated lion, it's just such a perfect update that stays true to the Fitzroy history. As a compromise for using a different lion, I've done a few things to make the dark kit as Fitzroy-like as possible by using a redder shade of maroon, changing the cuffs to be blue and most notably bringing back Fitzroy's blue shorts. on both kits I replaced the 'BBFFC' text with the Bears and Fitzroy's monograms. The clash jumper is meant to be a homage to the Bears' final home jumper, just inverted to have a gold base. Since the Lions have included a lion on every jumper post-merger (barring heritage jumpers) I added a faint watermark of the lion as a little touch. Quite happy with what I did here trying to respect both sides of the merger as much as possible.

50% crowds at sporting events just announced. Should get our gabba fixtures.

Especially considering the fact Victoria won't be getting close to that for a couple of weeks. Collingwood should get up here fine - West Coast coming over from Perth is a little more concerning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back