Football Related Random Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Lazza16

The Lions...roaring into 2022
Jul 7, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Brisbane is also hoping to avoid a trip to Ballarat – where it has played the Western Bulldogs two of the past three seasons – in a play to get more matches in Melbourne in front of its Fitzroy fans.

Went to Ballarat this season....horrible game...horrible weather....some good pubs tho...and every drunk teenager in Ballarat heading to Melbourne on the train for SATURDAY NIGHT. Once was enough.

spotthedog1

Club Legend
Nov 13, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
It would be interesting to know how the boys went, you'd expect that Harry Sharp with his elite endurance background would have performed pretty well. >

https://www.redbull.com/au-en/events/trail-heads/

Red Bull Trail Heads will be held at NV Gravity Bike Park in Gold Coast, Queensland.
The concept is simple: complete a marked 6.5km course through crafted single-track MTB trails racing over a number of “timed segments” in time-trial style.
The inaugural Red Bull Trail Heads involves 5 timed stages – named to match the characteristics of the individual “timed segment’s” terrain.

The timed segments of the race are a variety of up-hill, down-hill, technical and free flowing segments varying in steepness, length, and difficulty including a special segment “KOM” with a unique prize.
Between each segment, there will be untimed “transfer segments” that are designed for catching your breath, grabbing a drink, regrouping with mates and moving across to the next ‘timed segment’ to start all over again.
Easy enough:

1636956248410.png

As a note, trail running is very different to road running. Tactics for hills are very different in trail running. Looks like Harry went out hard and then was stuffed.

Good on Jaxon too. A very good sign for the season ahead.

Cubs2Lions

Club Legend
Jan 12, 2021
Adelaide
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
South Adelaide
Easy enough:

View attachment 1280609

As a note, trail running is very different to road running. Tactics for hills are very different in trail running.

Looks like Harry went out hard and then was stuffed.

Good on Jaxon too. A very good sign for the season ahead.
Also we have to remember that Harry just recovered from a broken ankle as well for the past 4-5 months and could have been his first competitive real run from that injury, so that might have to also be factored in as well as the different running conditions/etc for why Sharpy didn't come first out of the boys and ran out of steam at the end but still, great job to all the boys at the club who completed the challenge and finishing in the top 100 or thereabouts.

BuntonRules

long term substance abuser
Dec 30, 2008
in front of the telly
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Whitsunday SeaEagles
Maybe. I think Matho needs to change his game. I'm glad he's running decently - he needs to do that for longer. He also needs to play football, not freekicks. If he can do them, then he can focus on skills in pre-season and give himself a red-hot crack.
Jeez, people round here love their rose coloured glasses. In his last game, apart from gifting free kicks, he hardly had a possession that did not result in a turnover. Focus on skills? If he has not got them at his stage, he never will. Matho may be a great bloke. But. He. Is. Not. Good. Enough. To. Play. In. A. Premiership. Team. Full. Stop.

M Malice

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Jeez, people round here love their rose coloured glasses. In his last game, apart from gifting free kicks, he hardly had a possession that did not result in a turnover. Focus on skills? If he has not got them at his stage, he never will. Matho may be a great bloke. But. He. Is. Not. Good. Enough. To. Play. In. A. Premiership. Team. Full. Stop.
No need to yell Bunt.

spotthedog1

Club Legend
Nov 13, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I didn't say he was? I said he needed to change his game. I don't know that I'd call that "rose coloured glasses". Relax.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dalions

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 12, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I didn’t realise that Harry Sharp had re-signed.
Must have missed that one, or forgot…….. which is highly likely.

MacMum

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 6, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Article starts with "Oh no, not Browny!"

Browny has tested positive for Covid.....and the Judds might also have it as they were all out dining together. (HUN)

LongLion

Club Legend
Jan 13, 2016
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Brad Scott said players who actively delay the game will concede a 50 metre penalty.
“Not rule changes as such, but we did talk about some interpretations and probably just bringing back the umpire interpretations back to the way the rules were originally written,” Scott told SEN’s Whateley.

This will be an interpretation I welcome and am looking forward to seeing applied. His brothers side will be one of the 1st teams affected

The Flying Belgian

Third Tall
May 5, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NYGiants | Leicester City | Blazers
Brad Scott said players who actively delay the game will concede a 50 metre penalty.
“Not rule changes as such, but we did talk about some interpretations and probably just bringing back the umpire interpretations back to the way the rules were originally written,” Scott told SEN’s Whateley.

This will be an interpretation I welcome and am looking forward to seeing applied. His brothers side will be one of the 1st teams affected
Who'd have thought that actually applying the rules in place might result in a more open game.

Dalions

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 12, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

Such a bug bear of mine and something we never really seem to take advantage of.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad