M Malice

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Maybe this will come back to bite me but I honestly don't think we'll see anything like it once the AFL season is up and running. Omicron looks like it moves pretty quick so we should hopefully be through the worst of it by March.
100%, the cricketers, tennis players, AFLW players etc testing positive seem to be fine, eg Travis Head- In the form of his career when positive, wouldn't of even known he had if it weren't for regular testing.

IMO we will eventually (hopefully before the season starts) only test people who are showing symptoms.

BrainOfMorbius

Premiership Player
Jun 4, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I now have a working VCR hooked up to a HDD for the first time in years, and a bit of time off work - time to start transferring a few old videos to digital before the videotape turns to vinegar.

First up - the 2001 Grand Final preview edition of Talking Footy with guests Lethal and Sheedy...
Here we go! Turned out ok for a first try, what do you reckon?

Grasshopper17

Way too much to say
Mar 12, 2003
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Brisbane
Here we go! Turned out ok for a first try, what do you reckon?

That was terrific, cheers. Was a real shock to see that they talked exclusively about the Grand Final and the two Grand Finalists for the best part of an hour. I quite like some of the current analysts but they seem incapable of sticking to a single subject for more than a couple of minutes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BangyBangy

BangyBangyMightyLoins
Oct 16, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
The current number 100 golfer in the World is Troy Merritt. He's 36 years old & earned 1.8 Million dollars this year.

Aint no 36 year old AFL players running around, let alone earning US$1.8Million per year. (Aside from David Mundy, age wise, not money wise)

As an aside, my favourite Aussie golfer right now is definitely Cam Smith. He's ranked 23 in the world atm, chalked up a lazy US$5.8Million last year in earnings.

Edit: I went with the 199th ranked player as the guy who's 200th is from the European Tour & it's harder to find their prize money winnings.

Not a bad start to the year for Cam. A lazy AU$2,050,000 for his win today at the Sentry Tournament of Champions in Hawaii.

Obviously he'll have a few wages of his caddy & other staff to pay from that money but that's still a decent weeks earn ;)

BuntonRules

long term substance abuser
Dec 30, 2008
in front of the telly
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Whitsunday SeaEagles
Not a bad start to the year for Cam. A lazy AU$2,050,000 for his win today at the Sentry Tournament of Champions in Hawaii.

Obviously he'll have a few wages of his caddy & other staff to pay from that money but that's still a decent weeks earn ;)

Total Aussie kid. The only way he could look more bogan is to wear a flanno on the golf course.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad