Football Related Random Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued in Part 2

Would be great to have such champions as Lynch and Lethal on our board. Hopefully one day.

I wouldn't count on Lynch joining anytime soon. He's starting to build the "Lynch brand" in the media and player management and so said conflict of interest would derail that.

Matthews... Well, I think he's a more likely option in the near-term.

Re: Parkin appointed to panel to assess Voss

I can understand why Angus wanted to get Lynchy on board but you would think someone on our board would of see what a conflict of interest that would creating and not need Lynchy to spell it out for them.

Speaking of which - on MMM adelaide they had Mark Stevens from the H S say the AFL was looking into if having Lynchy and another player manager (cant remember who) in the media was a conflict of interest. Anyone else heard that? I think its stupid that the AFL thinks theny need to look if it's not OK for them to be in the media and yet a couple of club presidents being in the media doesnt need to be looked at? Eddie was the guy on tripple m who put fuel on the Scully to GWS fire (rumors were there but not known by the public untill then) and if thats not a confict of interest I dunno what is!!!!!!!

Setting people on here to "ignore" so I don't see their posts only works if you mob don't keep quoting them all the time or replying to them ;):rolleyes::p
I so hate that! You ignore people for a reason I would of thought

Re: Parkin appointed to panel to assess Voss

Just to go totally random - which lions are the best to have on twitter?? im gonna start building my account!

Why on earth is 'tanking' being discussed? Our club just simply does not employ such a spineless tactic.

Re, Parkin...fantastic appointment with a credible opinion.:thumbsu:
call me stupid but I think 'taking' is a myth - you are either good enough or your not, simples. Besides if you cant make the finals why not play the kids - when else are they gonna learn especally when you have idiots wanting to get rid of the preseason comp???

Agree with Parkin - he was coach in Carltons most sucessfull years and help them to win premerships. from the start (last year here was no exusxe not to as there were a few candidates around) we should of had someone do a Thompson @ essendon role for Vossy around. The way the board had gone about it was pathetic and Im glad they are no longer there. I've been so fustrated (yes to the point where I wanted him sacked at some stage) but thinking about it now when we we are relaxed I starting wonder if Vossy from the get go had a hand tied behind his back in a sence.

Redden likely to go to GWS (rumours)

Hi guys,
I know this news is difficult to hear but today I heard from sources close to Jack Redden that he is likely to be playing for GWS next season.
I can't reveal who said this to me but I hope you can trust that I am not making this up.
Not sure what his contract details are or whether he is out of contact at the end of the season, and I'm not saying this is certain to happen but I heard it directly from someone that knows him well.
It's disappointing news, and if the move does go ahead it will really put a hole in our already depleted midfield brigade.:(

Re: Redden likely to go to GWS (rumours)

Hi guys,
I know this news is difficult to hear but today I heard from sources close to Jack Redden that he is likely to be playing for GWS next season.
I can't reveal who said this to me but I hope you can trust that I am not making this up.
Not sure what his contract details are or whether he is out of contact at the end of the season, and I'm not saying this is certain to happen but I heard it directly from someone that knows him well.
It's disappointing news, and if the move does go ahead it will really put a hole in our already depleted midfield brigade.:(

i doubt it him and rockliff are supposed to be best of mates and unlikely to go without one another

Hi guys,

Yep..disappointing.. I heard from a source that the whole playing group is moving to GWS next season...:p

Yep..disappointing.. I heard from a source that the whole playing group is moving to GWS next season...:p

I heard that they are shipping the Gabba to GWS...

Keep it under your hat.

Given that as a 2008 draft pick his first contract would be 2009 -2010, either we signed him to a 1 year contract for 2011 only, or I don't think so....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I may be be a bit gullible, but even if this rumour is not right, I think we should be a little more respectful to a fellow Lion who has posted what he has heard..

..or has viclion17 a proven record for posting rubbish?

Only say this because if I heard something similar I would post it too..

I may be be a bit gullible, but even if this rumour is not right, I think we should be a little more respectful to a fellow Lion who has posted what he has heard..

Well I'd be in the fetal position on my bed if I knew this news was true. :mad:

MM, I'm absolutely sick of these rumours, and they aren't going to stop. I would simply prefer they were kept in house. If there is a skerrick of truth in them, what the hell do we stand to gain from said information being made public? I can tell you right now, if I knew a player was likely gone, the last thing I'd be doing is announcing it to opposition supporters, to add another name to the list of things we have to worry about and cop heat about. Just common sense to keep it private I would think.

MM, I'm absolutely sick of these rumours, and they aren't going to stop. I would simply prefer they were kept in house. If there is a skerrick of truth in them, what the hell do we stand to gain from said information being made public? I can tell you right now, if I knew a player was likely gone, the last thing I'd be doing is announcing it to opposition supporters, to add another name to the list of things we have to worry about and cop heat about. Just common sense to keep it private I would think.

I would have thought that rumours of many players leaving was especially damaging. I would hope this isn't the case, but if they aren't open about communicating within the club (a couple of players mentioned GWS weren't openly discussed), then a player could feel that if he stays for his teammates one of them could take the GWS blank cheque instead. To stay for the team, you need to be convinced the team would stay for you.

Oh I agree with you wholeheartedly about the privacy....I would definately put it on the private board if I was posting such a rumour, but as it was here, that is where I posted..:)

In fact there are a lot of things posted that I often think could perhaps have gone on our private board..

1239j.jpg
[

I wouldn't count on Lynch joining anytime soon. He's starting to build the "Lynch brand" in the media and player management and so said conflict of interest would derail that.

Matthews... Well, I think he's a more likely option in the near-term.

I could easily see Lynch on board once he doesn't represent the current coach. I don't think a commentary/media role plays into him being a viable board member, the conflict of interest is purely Voss-related. Blight commentates while being a board member of GC, Roos commentates while being an employee of the Swans (academy coach), Matthews commentated while being our coach if memory serves (in the 2007 and/or 2008 finals series).

Sounds like neither Matthews nor Lynch will be on board until the coach after Voss.

Hi guys,

He came off contract at the end of last year and it would've been unlikely for him to sign a single year contract. I'd put this low on the list of likelihood compared to other rumours.

MM, I'm absolutely sick of these rumours, and they aren't going to stop.

Going to get much much worse, with free agency around the corner... Anyone in the window will get rumours swirling every time they're off contract, and there's no limit any more.

And :D at dane000's post.

Going to get much much worse, with free agency around the corner... Anyone in the window will get rumours swirling every time they're off contract, and there's no limit any more.

Free Agency will affect players that have served more than 8 seasons at the one club and most will fall into the bracket of being in the clubs ten highest-paid players...Can see clubs front loading contracts at the end of season six/seven

Hadn't seen this anywhere else, so figured this was as good as anywhere - I lol'd when I saw the new shirts in the Lions Shop on Saturday night:

Voss%20is%20Boss.JPG

Would have snapped one up too if it weren't for my far too sensible for my liking brother telling me they looked horrid. :eek:

So Dylan12 - how many should I put you down for? :D ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back